• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OEM Spare Battery Issues

I've resisted temptation to buy an HTC One and keep my Desire HD another year at least. Had a spare 3rd party battery that was dodgy and then it accidentaly got washed so that killed that off! I bought an official HTC battery, exact same model and when I unplugged my charger the phone totally died. Tried switching it on, the screen would power for 2 seconds before dying again.

The supplier sent me a second battery which I've just put in now. Unplugged the charged after full charge and the phone said the SD card wasn't being read, then the phone died a few minutes later and has reset itself. Is this another battery issue or could it be the phone? One weird thing I did notice on the original battery last week was my status bar at the top totally disappeared for a minute and I got a flicker of static on the screen. The bar reappeared and the battery logo changed to empty before going back to fully charged. Making me think it could be a phone issue? Phone is now 2 years and 5 months old.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones