• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Off topic again: programming a Honeywell thermostat

Sorry it took such a long time to get back to you, but I've been really busy with a lot of things. The pilot light is not lighting. I'm not sure what to do next. As I said, I'll probably be ok with the stove, but it's still kind of annoying, especially with a new filter more or less going to waste.

Upvote 0
The thermocouple is a little piece of wire attached to the pilot that sends an electrical signal to the furnace controller to let it know the pilot is lit so it can keep the pilot valve open. When they go bad, the controller thinks the pilot is not lit so it shuts the gas off. I don't think it's a do-it-yourself project. Tinkering with gas appliances is incredibly dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. And, that was just a guess, but any reputable HVAC guy will be able to test it in a second to see if I'm right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones