• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official android 2.2 (froyo) release for orange san francisco.

One thing i have noticed though is it seems to drain my battery life quite considerably compared from when I had the original gen 1 on there:mad:confused:.. Any way round this?

Battery life was fine for me on CM 7.1+.
Go to Settings>About>Battery Use.
I'd say its just the phone needs time to build up new battery stats.

Upvote 0
Its not unusual considering it doesn't understand the battery completely yet :p Give it a few days to build up stats again :)

Ha ok thanks buddy ;) quick question if i may and its a tad of topic here but threes an app for i phone i really would like Its called Action movies FX. you seem clever.. know of anyway i could get this running on an android? would be pretty dam cool..:)

Upvote 0
Ha ok thanks buddy ;) quick question if i may and its a tad of topic here but threes an app for i phone i really would like Its called Action movies FX. you seem clever.. know of anyway i could get this running on an android? would be pretty dam cool..:)

Nope, different operating systems. Although you can run Windows apps on Linux via WINE so theres hope yet :D

Upvote 0
Lol ok cheers one more question if i may? i also have a HTC Desire S and want to update with roms.. whats the latest rom out for that and do i do the same as i did the My Blade?
No idea

Also will ice cream sanwhich run on the san fransisco
Yup, but give it a few months. Also its the first Android upgrade in a while that increases resource requirements.

Upvote 0
Use a TPT: Gen1 to Gen2 TPT Upgrade - xda-developers
That will wipe everything mind, make sure you have Google Sync enabled at the very least.

Then pick a ROM from here: ZTE Blade / Libra ROMs & ROM customisation - Android @ MoDaCo

I've tried to go from Gen1 to Gen2 using the method from the first link, though I think I've messed it up.

I downloaded the first custom rom version, copied to sdcard, unzipped it, powered off the device and restarted while holding menu and volume up at the same time. Green text appeared before I entered ClockworkMod. I then chose to wipe data/factory reset, before attempting to install zip from sdcard. This, however, did not work. This is what it says when I try:

-- Installing: /sdcard/Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-custom.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.

I've also tried the same method with the third link on that page, the CM Nightly 257 Version, with the same results.

What am I doing wrong? :thinking:

Upvote 0
I've tried to go from Gen1 to Gen2 using the method from the first link, though I think I've messed it up.

I downloaded the first custom rom version, copied to sdcard, unzipped it, powered off the device and restarted while holding menu and volume up at the same time. Green text appeared before I entered ClockworkMod. I then chose to wipe data/factory reset, before attempting to install zip from sdcard. This, however, did not work. This is what it says when I try:

-- Installing: /sdcard/Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-custom.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.

I've also tried the same method with the third link on that page, the CM Nightly 257 Version, with the same results.

What am I doing wrong? :thinking:

Its a TPT, not an update.zip that you install via recovery. Follow the instructions! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones