• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OFFICIAL CWM 6.0.2.7 and CWM Touch

the fstab is fine, i dont get it, here try looking at the boardconfig you have to see if it says
BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE := console=ttyMSM1,115200,n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom vmalloc=512M kgsl.ptcount=14

or

BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE := console=ttyMSM1,115200

because if it says the first one change it to the second one, im not sure if i had done my final update by the time you downloaded the file

Upvote 0
oh you sneaky bastards... i know why recovery was waiting for 19 to mount now... 18 is not the data partition as previously stated, 19 is, i dont know how they managed that one but i found it none the less, will update in the morning in the mean time no one should use this cwm, sorry people it was ztes trickery not me

Upvote 0
here are the files to be replaced,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtp2k3aqw6d0djm/BoardConfig.mk
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kh8mstje17u9gs3/recovery.fstab
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzdxw386kms8gyc/recovery.rc

and one big FU to ZTE for purposely trying to mess with our heads
i have no idea how they did it but they tricked us into thinking that 18 was the data partition when it was actually 19, the old switcheroo. nice trick, cant fool me though :p

and in case youre wondering how i figured it out, i just started randomly mounting things while in recovery through adb in a new directory i made called testing, from within android mounting 19 gives you the carrier partition, but from within recovery, it gives you the data partition, they did that on purpose so that we couldnt get cwm working in their phone

Upvote 0
Hey junkie2100 could u plz answer this...as far as my ZTE rebooting at random will this beta solve that?

Are u playing a game wen it reboots? Mine only rebooted wen i played some airplane game, forgot the name lol. But u can try using my stock backup rom . Its the latest rom from zte update Tool. Mine doesnt rebooot at all wat so ever

Upvote 0
Are u playing a game wen it reboots? Mine only rebooted wen i played some airplane game, forgot the name lol. But u can try using my stock backup rom . Its the latest rom from zte update Tool. Mine doesnt rebooot at all wat so ever

i need to know if you had cleared your cache before making that stock backup of yours, and did you use clockworkmod to make it?

Upvote 0
both the old and new cwms are fatally flawed, the cache partition is mmcblk0p18 not 17, and the data partition is 19 not 18, not sure what 17 really is but im assuming it has something to do with my phone starting up ungodly slow now, im gonna have to find someone with a rom that hasnt cleared their cache to make a backup of the 17 file from within cwm or manage to get the update tool to work but i dunno if i can do the update tool to be quite honest and im not even sure that will work right. so if ANYONE could help me out i would greatly appreciate it

all i need is a cache.img from a backup made by someone who has NEVER cleared their cache from within cwm. i can then extract that and see what is supposed to be in it

Upvote 0
both the old and new cwms are fatally flawed, the cache partition is mmcblk0p18 not 17, and the data partition is 19 not 18, not sure what 17 really is but im assuming it has something to do with my phone starting up ungodly slow now, im gonna have to find someone with a rom that hasnt cleared their cache to make a backup of the 17 file from within cwm or manage to get the update tool to work but i dunno if i can do the update tool to be quite honest and im not even sure that will work right. so if ANYONE could help me out i would greatly appreciate it

all i need is a cache.img from a backup made by someone who has NEVER cleared their cache from within cwm. i can then extract that and see what is supposed to be in it

I see now. Wen i restored my stock backup. Nothing Was actually erased. Everything was still the same. It Just added the system apps. No data was cleared at all

Upvote 0
I see now. Wen i restored my stock backup. Nothing Was actually erased. Everything was still the same. It Just added the system apps. No data was cleared at all

exactly, the data partition was never backed up OR restored, and the cache was never cleared, we formatted a partition that we cant identify when we pressed wipe cache, the cache was mounted as the data folder, and the data folder went unmounted. i have fixed the build files for cwm, i just want to know what the hell we formatted

Upvote 0
If i had the keys to my sisters apartment i wud go n upload a fresh new stock rom. But unfortunatly i gotta Wait till 3:30 wen she gets home to use the computer

it happens man i appreciate you tryin to help, and that may be necessary to be quite honest, do a zte update and install the original flawed cwm, either one will do, then do a backup first thing and get it to me, i will then be able to fix the damage the flawed cwms did granted the updater tool updates that partition, cant be sure it will though. what we really need is a fresh untouched rom straight from the store

Upvote 0
it happens man i appreciate you tryin to help, and that may be necessary to be quite honest, do a zte update and install the original flawed cwm, either one will do, then do a backup first thing and get it to me, i will then be able to fix the damage the flawed cwms did granted the updater tool updates that partition, cant be sure it will though. what we really need is a fresh untouched rom straight from the store

I been tryna do That But i cnt find A Way. Is That Possible? Make a nandroid backup of A Fully stock rom With A pc? Or we can Just upload the firmware that the zte update Tool Downloads. I mean It MUST put that big download Somewhere right? Lol i Cudve sworn It Says it was downloading it to a folder where Ever the files of the Program is

Upvote 0
I been tryna do That But i cnt find A Way. Is That Possible? Make a nandroid backup of A Fully stock rom With A pc? Or we can Just upload the firmware that the zte update Tool Downloads. I mean It MUST put that big download Somewhere right? Lol i Cudve sworn It Says it was downloading it to a folder where Ever the files of the Program is

i dunno exactly how the zte update tool works ive never been able to use it, but if that partition was a boost mobile thing and not a zte thing it may not be overwritten. and you can do a backup manually from any rooted phone in a way, but its risky and a pain in the ass, it uses adb to pull the files i explained it in the new thread i just made asking for someone with a stock rom that has never used cwm

Upvote 0
ive done alot of testing on it, and ive come to find out that when the rom is running it moves 19 down to 18, 18 down to 17, and 17 down to 16. though they are actually one up, im getting the original 17 now, so we can fix the damage both the cwms have done to all our phones, and then as soon as superr builds with my new files it will be working at 100% the cache and data partitions have been fixed in those files to work correctly with the changes the rom makes
and believe me i made sure i was right about this, im right, it will work, and as soon as i get this file from boricuakiller i can find out what we wiped thinking it was the cache

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones