• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official discussion thread.

nothing really new in that article.

But don't any of you find it weird how HTC is jumping from the old Snapdragon's to the dual cores, bypassing the middle generation 1.3GHz single core with upgraded GPU? This is why i believe the Desire HD has the middle generation ones, but with the 1.3GHz underclocked to 1GHz. Well at least thats what i hope.

Upvote 0
nothing really new in that article.

But don't any of you find it weird how HTC is jumping from the old Snapdragon's to the dual cores, bypassing the middle generation 1.3GHz single core with upgraded GPU? This is why i believe the Desire HD has the middle generation ones, but with the 1.3GHz underclocked to 1GHz. Well at least thats what i hope.

I don't really find it that odd, HTC don't own the snapdragons there's no reason why they'd be obligated to buy into the middle generation ones. I expect they might use them in the future in mid-low end phones once the dual cores begin to define the high end. And the HTC is pretty much a GSM EVO in many ways, kinda makes sense it would have similar hardware.

That said I'm hoping it isn't the old gen snapdragon cos that'd be deal breaker for me.

Upvote 0
How are the getting out higher res android tabs then ?

Well we don't have any confirmed yet do we? I know there are rumours (Galaxy Tab for example). He is right though, android 2.2 only supports 854x480. I guess the Tablets must be using modified code (it is open source after all) but then why couldn't they do the same for Phones?

Having said that, this is pretty much a european EVO so I expect it will have 800X480 resolution.

Upvote 0
Just thought i'd continue the speculation :p

It looks like the Tmobile G2 will have the new HTC chipsets.

T-Mobile G2 build leaks out, points to potent MSM7x30 chipset? -- Engadget

And as has been rumored, Tmobile is coming out with the G2 and the myTouch HD (aka Desire HD) around the same time. This imo points to the Desire HD having the new chipset too. Just a thought.

Also a couple of vids to show the new GPU in action.

YouTube - "Deep Sea 3D UI" running on Qualcomm's MSM7x30 (Adreno 205 GPU)
YouTube - IloMilo 3D Game running on Qualcomm's MSM7x30 (Adreno 205 GPU)

Upvote 0
Just thought i'd continue the speculation :p

It looks like the Tmobile G2 will have the new HTC chipsets.

T-Mobile G2 build leaks out, points to potent MSM7x30 chipset? -- Engadget

And as has been rumored, Tmobile is coming out with the G2 and the myTouch HD (aka Desire HD) around the same time. This imo points to the Desire HD having the new chipset too. Just a thought.

Also a couple of vids to show the new GPU in action.

YouTube - "Deep Sea 3D UI" running on Qualcomm's MSM7x30 (Adreno 205 GPU)
YouTube - IloMilo 3D Game running on Qualcomm's MSM7x30 (Adreno 205 GPU)

We don't know that the Mytouch HD and the Desire HD are the same phone, and I personally suspect they aren't.

Upvote 0
It's been announced!

Techradar

The Desire HD is decked out in aluminium to give it a premium finish, and is essentially the UK version of the HTC Evo, and the HTC HD2 given an Android makeover

Read more: HTC Desire HD finally announced | News | TechRadar UK

I've been saying for ages it's the Euro version of the Evo. New Sense UI sounds good, hopefully it'll make it onto the Desire too

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you notice the phone comes with 1GHz 8255 Snapdragon, and i did a quick google search and this is indeed a newer SoC!! It has the same GPU as the Desire Z! And it's 45nm while still running at 1ghz!! Im in dream land!

How is the GPU on the new 8255? As in can it compete with the Galaxy S?
The look of the Desire HD makes me want it, aluminium body <3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones