• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/QUOTE] Originally Posted by BlueScreen
I will try and put this in laymen terms, you are correct there is no way EVO will out sell Iphone today. I feel personally<--- that once enough kids/parents/goats for that matter get pwnd on every level of speed test/functionality/web browsing/media sharing/kickstanding that if you build a good product people will come. I understand the what if's, my job is the what if's, I create the what if's in the skunk works at Intel.

Given to the tech cycle as it sits today, like it or not Sprint/Evo is a game changer. I know that everything is scheduled to change in the next couple of years, but were talking in the next couple of weeks.

Hence get stock is all I am say'n
BSOD>-_O<[/QUOTE]

I agree with your statement but remember this is the first generation of 4G capable phones. Given time I think your logic of "build it and they will come" will start to happen but right now I think people will sit back and watch maybe let others test the waters for them, some people are afraid of change.

Although we do live in interesting times, 10 years ago alot of people we're still on dial-up and still only a few people had high end flip phones which didn't have internet connection for anything other than to maybe call back to a carrier based ringtone store and maybe buy a ringtone. We're now close to carrying a broadband internet connection and a pocket sized PC in our pockets it's interesting to see all this happen and I wonder at times what my little kids will have when they grow up.

Well said...whew, someone gets it!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nice, I also saw HTC made a new video for the 4G although I didn't find it on the HTC site it was on YouTube by user "HTC" looks professional enough to be made by them:

YouTube - HTC Evo 4G for Sprint USA ? First Look

notice in that video it has a silver ear piece? According to our inside peeps here on android forums by Supersonical and Self praise. Silver ear piece means final product. I believe them because if you watch some of the CTIA vids you see that there is red ear pieces. (Prototypes

BSOD>-_O<

Upvote 0
Just read through 10 pages from the past day. Was at a wedding, so not only did I miss all of todays events here, but also missed my Lakers losing (which I won't talk about any more than this).

Anyhow, I have one question and two answers that will give us all the "bottom line":

Question: Regardless of the "formal" release date (May 22, June 6 or June 13), will it really make a difference of your actually purchasing an EVO?

Answer: No - Then it doesn't matter what all the speculation and talk is because you're going to end up buying the device when it's released. Plain and simple.

Answer: Yes - Then why wait for the EVO? Go buy an iPhone. Go buy an Incredible. Wait for another phone. Quite honestly, if your answer is "yes" then I could give a rats a$$ what you do, just leave your complaining out of this thread and leave this thread to the REAL fans of the device.

Okay, so I've put in my 2 cents. Here's to looking for new and exciting information about the EVO in the next month or so!

Upvote 0
So I may be late again but, on the Best Buy site for the EVO you can now get put on an email list for the release date. Yeaaaaahh!!!!, I got mail....yeaaaaaaaa!!!

Um, okay, I checked the best buy website and it's still that same informational page. Where the heck can you sign up to get an email list for the EVO release?

Upvote 0
Lakers losing (which I won't talk about any more than this).

You had to even bring it up, didn't you? :( I'm still pissed off about Boston winning.

Back on topic:

I would not be surprised if June 13th was the only date of sale (Nothing on the 6th). If they OS is still being worked on, that means all the devices still have to be flashed and shipped and distributed all pretty quickly. I wouldn't hold my breath for a 6/6 launch.

Upvote 0
Well fellers, hate to lay this on you all, but it looks like we were right. (I will cite the source) but Sprint will be holding a coast to coast event. It appears Sprint will be firing off a 4G event for Sprint customers. Sprint will be holding simultaneously flip the switch coast to coast event "Hence Prince of Persia in NYC. James Camerion and Dan Hesse will be in Hollywood on a five film red carpet advent. If what I read is correct May 12th is when there going to lit up 4g coast to coast. (Speculation again of course) here is the link.

Weekly Gadgets Roundup 25th April 2010 - TechCat

BSOD >-_O<

Upvote 0
You had to even bring it up, didn't you? :( I'm still pissed off about Boston winning.

Back on topic:

I would not be surprised if June 13th was the only date of sale (Nothing on the 6th). If they OS is still being worked on, that means all the devices still have to be flashed and shipped and distributed all pretty quickly. I wouldn't hold my breath for a 6/6 launch.

Had to vent a little, since I could only stream the 1st quarter from my touch pro (using skyfire) until the battery went dead...So frustratring being at a wedding where I couldn't really leave the table to go down to the hotel bar and watch (which is probably a good thing).

Anyhow, I'm not holding onto ANY particular date and really could care less when the EVO is released. I'm SO convinced that this phone will provide everything I could ever need on a device, that my main concern is not necessarily "when," but how many I'm goin to purchase (if I'll be ordering for the other 2 lines on my account as well). It could be June or it could be postponed until September. All I care about is that the device delivers and meets expectations, out-the-box, once it's released and the more I use it, I'm hoping that it'll exceed those expectations when adding apps and tweaking!

Upvote 0
I guess you guys/gals have been out of the loop lately. I don't mean necessarily here but with the rest of the web as well. Supersonica has said and confirmed by Self Praised that there is no way there will be a May drop of EVO. The forum is going nuts because there is lot of talk about possible early drop late May. I think my head is spinning form all the info.. LOL
I have done my own hunting and pecking and both arguments have validity.
I guess we will know, when we know.

BSOD>-_O<

Upvote 0
I'm SO convinced that this phone will provide everything I could ever need on a device

Oh, it will do just that. My concern is draining the battery in 1 minute :D. I wanted a HD2 with Android on Sprint since the HD2 was released in Europe, and while I am still a little upset that Sense on Android isn't identical to the WM Sense, I am still ecstatic about the EVO and can't wait to pick one up! That screen is addictive!

Upvote 0
Oh, it will do just that. My concern is draining the battery in 1 minute :D. I wanted a HD2 with Android on Sprint since the HD2 was released in Europe, and while I am still a little upset that Sense on Android isn't identical to the WM Sense, I am still ecstatic about the EVO and can't wait to pick one up! That screen is addictive!

Yes, the screen assured will not disappoint, more importantly is the included options of the EVO, be what you want. I mean think about it? There is no phone on the market today that has HDMI out, Hotspot for 8 different devices, Forward facing 1.3mp web camera, 8mp camera w/720p video record, and 4G goodness. Everyone is trying to cut hairs about this and that. I don't know about you, but when I buy a car..I want pwr windows, door locks, AC, Cruise Control, and it to wipe my Butt when I step out of a car..Specially if it involves a 2 yr contract. EVO pound for Pound answers those questions. It is the holy grail to our answers..I would challenge people to say what is EVO missing, opposed to what is available by the likes of any cell phone today. It's just not, and there is ton more apps that are EVO specific coming down the pipe.

AMOLED?-they don't make manufacture screens this size (YET) besides everything that we read, sometimes AMOLED is s a little washed out! (Because of brightness)Yes Super-AMOLED reduces battery wear, but HTC gave the EVO 1500mah battery..do we really care when the battery charging while we sleep..I don't.
BSOD>-_O<

Upvote 0
Thought posting this one for potential gamers on the EVO. It's a comparo to N1 and Incredible. I feel since EVO specs are similar to Incredible it might have some relevance. Though the Evo will exceed certain specs to Incredible it was worthy of our thread. I find there results to be a bit fubar being the incredible finished the benchmark first (See for yourself in video) Looks like the snap dragon prevailed (IMHO) but the data showed otherwise (hello Photoshop) Either way you look at..good times for EVO.

YouTube - Droid Incredible 3D benchmark - AndroidCentral.com
BSOD>-_O<

Reactions: kritzell
Upvote 0
I know all my nuggets get tucked away for those wondering. I work 7pm to 7am (compressed work week) at Intel. I chill in my cubical, surfing what nuggets are left, and I share them here on the thread. I am fortunate to catch a very early morning breaking news on the east coast, because I am on the west coast.(You can do the math) I catch those over eager peeps, that are trying to make a name for them selves and share them with the thread..before coffee hour. I hope it helps. Cheers,

BSOD>-_O<

Reactions: kritzell
Upvote 0
You sure stay up pretty late BlueScreen. I just thought I'd acknowledge you so you don't feel too lonely.

Well, having typed that, good night :p

It's my job to stay up late pioneering whatever you heart desires in technology. I dream of things that would floor everyone in the thread. My dreams is what made a six core processor possible and only limit I have is the greatest minds in the world. I love screwing with those guys and telling them..there car has been towed. (Heh) I really can't talk to much about mobile technology..Than were are watching...and it looks promising...Not only for WiMax that we developed, but everything else in business..it's looking android.

BSOD<-_O<

Upvote 0
Plz people, I don't want to hear about how the EVO does not fit in my pocket. You want a wifi device, you want something that will tap into 4G, and then your going to biaotch about the battery life. The people of Sprint/HTC gave you the biggest batttery ever. 1500mah battery and who cares if the the battery is charging while you sleeps. This is like beating an old horse. Evo is got everything that no other phone can think of. EVO beats everything down, it isn't specs, but service, and the money it cost to run EVO..My technological experience will far surpass anything that AT&T or VZW will have to offer...People be trippin.

Upvote 0
Plz people, I don't want to hear about how the EVO does not fit in my pocket. You want a wifi device, you want something that will tap into 4G, and then your going to biaotch about the battery life. The people of Sprint/HTC gave you the biggest batttery ever. 1500mah battery and who cares if the the battery is charging while you sleeps. This is like beating an old horse. Evo is got everything that no other phone can think of. EVO beats everything down, it isn't specs, but service, and the money it cost to run EVO..My technological experience will far surpass anything that AT&T or VZW will have to offer...People be trippin.

I hate how the evo won't toast my sandwich! :p And yes I'm still up it's my only day of the week that can can stay up late so I catch up on other projects.

Aaaaaaah, now I get it~! Graveyard! It gets lonely in the last time zone. hehe. I know a bunch of people are dispelling the May release....but I am praying for a before June release. I'm going to Japan like on the 1st. I don't wanna take my TP! I wanna take the EVO!!! If I wasn't going to Japan I don't think I'd be this impatient.

Well at least you can get an early release knock off iPhone 4G they're selling those in Japan right now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones