• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to get official-ly here, but it is against forum policy to insult anyone in any way. If someone is a troll, report them, don't call them out. Continue to do so and the caller outer gets infracted.

(PS: feel free to insult me. I like the attention. ;))

Posts deleted.
Folks getting feisty with all the drama and anxiety waiting for our "next". Lots of :(:mad::D:cool::rolleyes: in the room!

Upvote 0
Then what do you mean apple "develops their own chip"? Last I check, Apple wasn't in the semiconductor fab buisness.

I also apologize for the troll remarks.

A5, does it sound any familiar to you? iPad 2 chip is just (rather was) a monster when it came out.

PS. I'm rather a Lion, as there're some reports about some 'roars' from my bedroom at night. ;-)

Upvote 0
PS. I'm rather a Lion, as there're some reports about some 'roars' from my bedroom at night. ;-)

527876981_a03b4be053.jpg

Upvote 0
But until iPhone5 comes out, Prime will steal some of disappointed iFolks. And by the time iPhone5 comes out, there will be SGSIII with monster spec to go against it. So I'm not worried about iPhone5.

Whats beautiful about this whole thing is that we now bear witness to an all out war between Samsung and Apple. Guess who benefits? hehe

Apple brought a knife to a gun fight with todays news. Samsung is going to get a head shot.....

Upvote 0
Edit- TOP OF THE PAGE, FTW!!!!! :D

I'll be surprised. If they won't show iPhone 5 today, they will in next few months, it is just a trap for Android world - Android fans are now cellebrating 'fail', Google unveils Nexus Prime, and everybody think it's just the end of Apple succes.

And then they announce iPhone 5 that simply shatters Android world in dust. I'm afraid it is going to happen soon. Apple is not stupid, they now what Google tries to achieve.

Believe me.

I did think along the same lines. HowEVER, they're big profit center is going to be the addition of Sprint, so they may be spreading the profit for their stockholder over a longer period of time. Their iPhone 5 iteration may not even come out until the summer. You never know.

Bottom line, imo... Competition makes the end user the winner in either case. More tech will be coming out. Better tech will be coming out. It will be coming out faster. Win win.

The bad will be that we, power users, will feel as if our devices are not future proof. They will be out of date in 9-10 months!

Upvote 0
A5, does it sound any familiar to you? iPad 2 chip is just (rather was) a monster when it came out.

As it is manufactured by Samsung, it was Samsung that did most of the R&D Dev. They may have designed the dye connections, but that's it.

I use to work for NXP which made PMU chips for apple hand held products. The PMU's were considered "Apple designed" (This was when they were raving about extended battery life) but the chips were designed well before Apple even knew they existed.

Upvote 0
Takes me straight back to the EVO vs iPhone 4 cartoon:

"You understand that iPhone is just a brand. They could release a f***ing brick and call it an iPhone."

Looks like they did, too! And suckers will wait in line to pay out good money for crap... I'm in the wrong business...

EDIT: BTW SpeakerBox, I used to live in Opelika, just a stone's throw from you! :)

I actually just moved here, I'm originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. But yeah, opelika is right up the road.

Upvote 0
Guys, I have a strong feeling that October 2011 will be remembered as when the iPhone stopped being competitive. It's sad, really.

This industry is moving so freaking fast, that whatever you come out with better be superior to what's coming out next month.

This pile of crap that Apple just excreted on their customer base wouldn't even beat out the Galaxy S II, let alone the Prime.

Upvote 0
The bad will be that we, power users, will feel as if our devices are not future proof. They will be out of date in 9-10 months!
I do not and will not care what comes out in the next couple of years as long as what I have does what it is supposed to do, ie, take good pictures without closing, glitching, or restarting, perform transitions and movement from app to app as smooth as butter, make phone calls and download and play music and podcasts without glitching. Is that too much to ask?

Edit: Ok, I admit it, I also want it to run the latest version of Android while doing all of the above. Maybe that IS too much to ask.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Great job, moron!

:D

LOL... Oh yeah, but if folks do insult me, they get put on my "list". ;) :p

LOL... Oh my gooness!

Whats beautiful about this whole thing is that we now bear witness to an all out war between Samsung and Apple. Guess who benefits? hehe

Apple brought a knife to a gun fight with todays news. Samsung is going to get a head shot.....

Totally agree.

Guys, I have a strong feeling that October 2011 will be remembered as when the iPhone stopped being competitive. It's sad, really.

This industry is moving so freaking fast, that whatever you come out with better be superior to what's coming out next month.

This pile of crap that Apple just excreted on their customer base wouldn't even beat out the Galaxy S II, let alone the Prime.

I'm an android fanboi, obviously, but I hope you're wrong. The consumer loses out if you are right.

Upvote 0
I do not and will not care what comes out in the next couple of years as long as what I have does what it is supposed to do, ie, take good pictures without closing, glitching, or restarting, perform transitions and movement from app to app as smooth as butter, make phone calls and download and play music and podcasts without glitching. Is that too much to ask?

That's ok.. and fine to ask. However, many of us root/power users always want to have the latest and bestest. ;)

Upvote 0
Then what do you mean apple "develops their own chip"? The A5 is developed and made by Samsung. Last I check, Apple wasn't in the semiconductor fab buisness.

Apple doesn't have semiconductor fab but they designed their A4~A6 processors for iDevices and had Samsung manufacture it.

But recently they are starting to move it to TSMC partially beginning with A6. I personally hope they completely switch to TSMS from Samsung. Samsung will lose chip business with Apple then, but it will free up their chip production for Exynos line and allow them to crank out more Exynos and even sell it to others like Moto, HTC, etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones