• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys crazy enough to "rent" a phone for a $35 fee don't help the statistics for higher return rates of Android phones. :p Perhaps if they dug deeper in analyzing, they'd realize you're even bigger fans of Android, just impatient for the next big thing.

My OG Droid has become more and more unbearable, conveniently during this month. A good portion may be in my head, but there's no way I'm going to cave and buy an HTC or Motorola at this point. Pure Google with quicker updates means a lot when your last official update was Froyo. I've flashed mine a billion times and has never been stable.

My wife will get an SGN as well. I'd feel guilty seeing her phone get left behind in updates, and you need a partner for Beam. :) The camera's important and I don't think we can tell if selling points like zero shutter lag applies to all brands/models since they don't yet have ICS for comparing. I do know though, that anything's an improvement over the OG Droid's horrible camera.

Like others, I'm dying to know, and a date would let me sleep at night (except for the night before it's available). It's a shame some couldn't resist upgrading to another phone, but that leaves another available for the rest of us. Just don't go "rent" the SGN leaving us without one.

Upvote 0
No matter the final post count, the Inc thread will always be king. Posting just to boost the total count makes it artificial, IMO.

But this one counts toward that total. :p
In all fairness, the DInc thread had WAY more off topic conversations.

I remember lurking in that thread before I got my DInc. It was hardly on topic.

Reactions: Member112085
Upvote 0
I believe we need to begin some kind of intervention program to prevent members from visiting anymore VZW stores. The temptation seems to be too much for the faint of heart. We are close, people,...we are close.....if you don't stand for something, you won't stand for anything!! Repent.....turn from your selfish ways....come back.....come back....

Upvote 0
This is frikin' hilarious!
I was early on the Dinc pre-release forum, and dropping onto this Gnex forum was like a time warp. From what I've read so far, my trusty Dinc that hits its 2 year life in December will be ditched for a Gnex. As much as the Razr has a beautiful rock-solid feel, the combo of ICS [with direct Google involvement], removable battery, and no MotoBlur wins by a mile for me.

Seems odd to be back in the pre-release haze, but it was well worth it for Dinc and I'm sure the same will be true for the Gnex.

I was on the Dinc pre-release thread too......and this thread has the same carnage that the Dinc thread had........

But.........I........can't.........look.........away.......

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Soooooo I am really getting tempted to pick up the RAZR tomorrow and have it until the Nexus is released. If its not being released until Mid DEC I really dont think I can wait that long w/o a new phone. I am working with a real POS right now and think it would be cool to have a sort of trial period with the RAZR.

How strict do you think verizon will be w/ the return? Do you think I should do this?

Upvote 0
In all fairness, the DInc thread had WAY more off topic conversations.

I remember lurking in that thread before I got my DInc. It was hardly on topic.

IDK about that.

There are about 50 "Good Morning" posts here every day. About 50 "Good Night" posts every night. There were a couple hundred "Congratulation" posts today - they could(should) have been PM's. Thousands of replies stating the same thing when somebody says, "What happened today?" I'm not saying it's bad, it just happens in threads this big. It turns into a chat instead of the usual forum. But to say the Dinc thread was more off topic would be a disservice. You can jump in here at any time and hit off topic posting too. You want your Pugs and to eat your Pumpple cake too?

Reactions: jbdan and harpua
Upvote 0
Soooooo I am really getting tempted to pick up the RAZR tomorrow and have it until the Nexus is released. If its not being released until Mid DEC I really dont think I can wait that long w/o a new phone. I am working with a real POS right now and think it would be cool to have a sort of trial period with the RAZR.

How strict do you think verizon will be w/ the return? Do you think I should do this?

I did, I would gladly have waited if they told us a tentative release date. Just let the rep know when you pick up a Razr the truth. Btw I really like the Razr.

Upvote 0

Not strict at all. You have a window to return the phone (either 14 or 30 days, depending on when you buy) and have to pay a $35 restocking fee.

However, my personal opinion on this is to only do this if you honestly want to give the RAZR/Rezound a fair chance. I think it's not right to use something you have no intenion of keeping. That's my personal opinion on the matter, and you should do what you feel is right.

Reactions: jdduncan11
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones