• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should of told her, " hopefully they sell fast, so they release the Gnex." LoL
I thought we put that to bed.

Multiple sources seem to indicate that there were issues with the phone that had to get updates. Phone is in testing right now. P3 confirmed by indicating a recent OTA update, and his TBH counterpart has had some serious bugs that he hopes were fixed with the new update as well.

So as fun as it was to believe the RAZR conspiracy theory (don't release or it will kill RAZR sales), Verizon hasn't released the GNex because honestly it's not ready for thier network.

If that was the case with the RAZR, then they wouldn't have released the Rezound 3 days later.

Upvote 0
I got a confession...

I just tried to order a Razr :eek:

"upgrade at full price" Got all the way to check out, looks like my bill, plan, minutes, unlimited data would be the same. Only issue? The only thing that stopped me?

I could not bill it to my account. I guess the phone is too new to allow that along with the fact its a month to month contract so...

This would not be a problem, just I don't have the cash floating around this week. Perhaps next week when I may have the funds the Gnex will be available.

Upvote 0
Warning!
I just returned from my local vzw store where I went to inquire about specifics of the holiday return policy, and they said that it was only for "Future Activations" (Buy the phone, and let it sit till chrismtas for example). Once the phone is activated the normal 14 days rule applies.

Just what I heard from one store. Has anyone else asked specifically about this?

Edit: They also mentioned an email that mentioned the "Future Activations" for up to 45 days. Do we have any vzw employees in the house with access to this email?

I believe it.
The best thing to do is to ask about it and get it in writing...

Upvote 0
Warning!
I just returned from my local vzw store where I went to inquire about specifics of the holiday return policy, and they said that it was only for "Future Activations" (Buy the phone, and let it sit till chrismtas for example). Once the phone is activated the normal 14 days rule applies.

Just what I heard from one store. Has anyone else asked specifically about this?

Edit: They also mentioned an email that mentioned the "Future Activations" for up to 45 days. Do we have any vzw employees in the house with access to this email?

I was told the same thing! They were also "clueless" about SGN

Upvote 0
a friend of mine came by tonight, and low and behold he has a new rezound. ill tell you this, IMO that is one heck of a phone. i loved the screen, and if the gnex has a higher ppi and better picture i will be MORE than happy to wait for it. its not nearly as thick as some people make it out to be and actually felt quite nice in the hand. he said the reason he went with the rezound over the razr was he thought the razr was so thin that it was actually awkward to hold and felt uncomfortable. this was the boost i needed to keep faith and hold on until the end for the gnex, because if ICS is as great as the build up is and the screen is a nice as we hope, it will be well worth the wait

Although Samsung Galaxy Nexus has lower ppi than HTC Rezound (since GN's screen is larger), GN uses Super AMOLED HD opposed to Rezound's all too common LCD screen so the colors and the brightness should be much better on the GN. Just throwing my opinion out here :)

Upvote 0
Warning!

i was told i have until Jan 9 whether i activate it or not. they better be right! :mad:

Upvote 0
I was told the same thing! They were also "clueless" about SGN

I mentioned that I was waiting for the SGN and then inquired about the policy, basically telling them I was "renting". No reaction really. Probably knew about it, but wasn't ready to say, it'll be here soon.

I then inquired about my ETF, without any reaction. It seemed like they could care less if someone was happy or not.

Upvote 0
I can't help but feel like I am in a room with two beautiful brunette virgins. There is promise of a even more beautiful blonde virgin about to show up any minute. But because she hasn't called ahead, I'm not really sure she's coming. I want to wait for the third, but the first two seem so attractive. I'm feeling weaker by the second...
Weird analogy I know, forgive me, but this whole thing is wierd. We are absolutely over obsessing over an over a piece of technology...

Reactions: nexusprimepls
Upvote 0
Warning!

Thats not what the return policy on their site says.

"Purchases (excluding tablets and accessories) made between November 15 and December 28, 2011 may be returned or exchanged through January 9, 2012, subject to a $35 restock fee for wireless devices. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless

Upvote 0
I can't help but feel like I am in a room with two beautiful brunette virgins. There is promise of a even more beautiful blonde virgin about to show up any minute. But because she hasn't called ahead, I'm not really sure she's coming. I want to wait for the third, but the first two seem so attractive. I'm feeling weaker by the second...
Weird analogy I know, forgive me, but this whole thing is wierd. We are absolutely over obsessing over an over a piece of technology...

Watch out for the brunettes man. One has Herpes, and the other one's a dude.

Upvote 0
Thats not what the return policy on their site says.

"Purchases (excluding tablets and accessories) made between November 15 and December 28, 2011 may be returned or exchanged through January 9, 2012, subject to a $35 restock fee for wireless devices. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless’ Return & Exchange Policy continue to apply."

You were told wrong.

Thanks, I might try to inquire more through a call or chat.

Do you have a link to the policy?

Upvote 0

There's a word for that...

Technophilia :eek:

Upvote 0
Warning!

This would make a lot of sense. I think you are probably right.

Upvote 0
Whoever buys a Razr? Wins.

Whoever buys a Rezound? Wins.

Whoever buys a Galaxy Nexus? Wins.

This is a "win-win-win" scenario, here. They are all great phones and there are no losers. If you need to buy a phone and can't wait for the SGN? You have my blessings. No need to apologize. Enjoy your new toys.

Me? I'm waiting for the SGN...:D

The Only losers are the non verizon people right? :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones