• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this order: Palmer, Moore, Tebow (man, I hate that guy), Freeman, Hassel, Rex, Tavaris, Fitz, Ponder. The first 3 are about even - Bear better rush defense and OAK fast WRs = more passing, Moore playing very smart, going against tough Dallas D but Dallas will score and Miami will have to score to keep up, and Tebow will inexplicably keep being above average against a SD team that is coming unglued - then the drop-off starts.

I would rather start my unborn daughter than Ponder, Fitz or Tavaris. Ponder has no AP, Fitz has no Jackson and going against the Jets, and Tavaris is, well, Tavaris.

Good luck.
You should pick up caleb hanie and use him.

Upvote 0
Yeah I was one of those waiting for the Bionic, but didn't like it once it came out. So I jumped into another line to wait again (><) Oh well I am patient my OG droid is slow but not dying.

I didn't even glance at Bionic due to the Motorola brand. But I was watching Vigor until I got swept into ICS fever with the rest of this crazy crew

Upvote 0
Best. Facepalm. Ever.

Challengers:

images

images

(And I am no fan of cats.)

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0
Good PSA:

I want to thank everyone for playing nice. You are a great group of friends. If I've PM'd some folks asking to ease, they were all nice and gracious in their responses. Keep it up!

This is the best thread ever and you are the best people! I mean that.

Sincerely,
Steven

Upvote 0
Don't know. When ICS was released on November 7, they said they would have it ready in 2 months. I assume at least a beta version by then.

For what it is worth, cyanogen himself posted on his G+ page a few days ago saying that ICS on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 was amazing, and to look for CM nightlies for it real soon.

Don't know how that will affect other devices, but as an owner of the Tab, this made me :D

Upvote 0
I don't understand how anyone on this board can go out and get a Rezound or Razr instead of waiting for the Nexus. How can you get any phone now that doesn't have ICS?

Well, technically that's the only thing we CAN DO right now. Unless you live in Europe or had a GSM dev-handset shipped over, you can't buy anything other than a phone with 2.3.5, 2.3.4...etc. since it doesn't exist for general sale in the US yet.

Now, if you know how one can buy a phone with ICS on it TODAY - please, enlighten the unwashed masses huddled here patiently awaiting the arrival of Lord GNex.

Upvote 0
Perhaps because some people think the hardware on the Rezound & Razr may be better than that of the Samsung. Many people also feel that by the time ICS arrives on the Razr & Rezound early next year, many of the initial bugs will be worked out too. So they feel they'll have a better overall phone at that point.

Pretty sound logic IMO. I'm still weighing my options, but I can understand both sides of the equation.

Your logic is not sound. Any bugs on ICS will be worked out on Nexus first and will hit other phones months later. How long did it take for HTC, Moto to come out with first GB phone after first Gb release? 5~6 months and ICS is even bigger upgrade than GB was to Froyo.

Upvote 0
Good PSA:

I want to thank everyone for playing nice. You are a great group of friends. If I've PM'd some folks asking to ease, they were all nice and gracious in their responses. Keep it up!

This is the best thread ever and you are the best people! I mean that.

Sincerely,
Steven

Well this is the best forum ever, and you all are the best Mods, and I mean that!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Perhaps because some people think the hardware on the Rezound & Razr may be better than that of the Samsung. Many people also feel that by the time ICS arrives on the Razr & Rezound early next year, many of the initial bugs will be worked out too. So they feel they'll have a better overall phone at that point.

Pretty sound logic IMO. I'm still weighing my options, but I can understand both sides of the equation.

While I understand the logic, I sometimes think that we forget that while the bugs are worked out, the custom UI tweaks will delay things further. It may have been my particular Droid, but the majority of my custom ROM flashings were buggy or unstable in one way or another and I really don't want to depend on that before the device is even available.

P.S. Considering some people still call the Galaxy Nexus the Droid Prime (or Nexus Prime), can we make sure to mention Asus or Transformer when talking about the Prime (tablet)? "Prime on Dec 9" topics are getting my heart going for nothing. :p

Upvote 0
Your logic is not sound. Any bugs on ICS will be worked out on Nexus first and will hit other phones months later. How long did it take for HTC, Moto to come out with first GB phone after first Gb release? 5~6 months and ICS is even bigger upgrade than GB was to Froyo.

Right, Google works out all the bugs in ICS via Nexus, but HTC, Moto, and Sammy will have to work out all the bugs induced by slapping their skins on there.

Upvote 0

Actually, your logic isn't sound. You literally reiterated to Ken7 what he was saying. Bugs will get worked out. They will get worked out on the Nexus. When they do, ICS will be better for it. When the improved ICS gets pushed to HTC and Moto, they will have better starting points. That's essentially what Ken7 said. The big question for many is this: Is the Nexus fundamentally better than the other 2 R phones? If ICS is the ONLY thing that makes it better, it's possible that one of the other 2 phones will be better in the future. I don't have the answer, just suggesting that it's a valid point.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones