• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
PydePypper is sticking to his guns:

exactly... and word I've had for a bit now says thy will not ship until wk of 12/12. So odds are 15th wold b the day

He's been saying this for a couple weeks now. What's interesting is P3 making this comment on the 29th:

if you don't have a nexus in your hands in less than 14 days I'll eat my phone.

Then this today:

To clear up some questions in my timeline...yes I knew it was the 8th and didn't tell u but @pydepypper did....yep phone is problem free..yep its coming soon...I dont tell u everything I know. Have a good one

It seems they get their info from the same source(s), but PP seems pretty confident that the release will be the week of 12/12.

Upvote 0
I have a serious caffeine addiction. No caffeine = cranky and headache. I can drink espresso and a 5 hour energy or any of the energy drinks and pass out right away too.

Same here. I did try to give it up once. I made it four weeks before my husband said - and I quote "For the love of GOD, will you just [expletive] go to [expletive] Starbucks and get a [expletive] whatever the hell it is you drink?!" (He's not a coffee drinker, so he doesn't get it.)

Doesn't seem likely that VZW would release a phone on a Sunday. If there's any truth to that rumor, it's probably that they will start receiving shipment 12/11, which aligns with the 12/15 release date.

Unfortunately, I think you're probably right, and that makes me sad. I will be on a boat in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico on the 15th, so this is not an ideal release date for me. Think Verizon will change it if I whine enough? :(;)

Upvote 0
So if you do a pre order, you should get a ship date, right? The way this dance is going, I'm not doing anything with out a ship date. Plus they cant by law bill your credit card for something you havent recieved....

I went into a VZW non Corp store 3 days ago and asked about the SGN and the guy said he would pre order it for me, I said cool, when does it ship, he said, I dont know, when the phone comes out....... No use in that song and dance other than a store locking up your order.
I would fell alot better when VZW at least has a PICTURE of it on there website.

Rock on

Billd

Verizon charges you as soon as you pre-order. Had the same thing with my Dinc, I waited 4 weeks for it after I ordered it, but they charged my card the day I put in the order.

edit: to be fair it wasn't a pre-order, it was during the screen shortage, so it was just a shipping delay. Not sure if pre-orders are different, but Verizon WILL charge your card prior to shipping.

Upvote 0

He's been saying this for a couple weeks now. What's interesting is P3 making this comment on the 29th:

Then this today:

It seems they get their info from the same source(s), but PP seems pretty confident that the release will be the week of 12/12.

Yep, I tweeted him and asked him if he was ready to eat his phone ;)

Upvote 0
My new shirt just came in the mail. :D

2r57xub.jpg

A month!? I've been twiddling my thumbs since late spring/early summer :D

Upvote 0
Good afternoon Nexus devotees!
Just popping in before work:)
This just got posted on Twitter.
This is quite possibly the best indication yet that its finally really on the way, thanks!
So not sure if this has been posted, but VZW still working on accessories for GNex, "5801" search now yields 15 results like it did yesterday on testman...

Verizon Wireless Search Results
This also seems a great sign!
At a corp store right now getting my rezound :(

any update news on release date?
FWIW (probably not much), but I talked to a friend of mine who works at a VZW corporate store (I know, I know), and yesterday his district manager and their Samsung rep informed his store that the Galaxy Nexus is launching no later than December 15th, but shooting for a December 8th launch. They weren't told anything about a possible preorder.

I really hesitated to post this because I know how most people around here view this sort of information, so grab your salt shaker if you must.

Cheers...
Good good, more corroborating evidence!
My sister is saying 1 week away.

From pre-order or actual release, we don't know.
The stars seem to be aligning at last. Thanks Han!

This might be true. My sister was clear that it was a "pre-order" prompt and not a regular order.

Oh boy. Looks like NJ might owe me 100 thanks after all.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!
Ha,ha, lol! And just think, you were considering leaving this place:)

Upvote 0
Tweet for what its worth...

P3Droid

To clear up some questions in my timeline...yes I knew it was the 8th and didn't tell u but @pydepypper did....yep phone is problem free..yep its coming soon...I dont tell u everything I know. Have a good one

Looks like P3 won't be doing this after all.

3932381703_d1bb6d81a4.jpg

1. My sister texted me and said that "pre-order prompts are being sent out. This means pre-order soon." She also said that the same prompts were sent out for the RAZR 1 week before it went on sale.

2. I don't think so.

ywia.

Looks like I may have spoke too soon. If the phone isn't out the 8th this should be a fun show from P3Droid! I hope he has a webcam. I'd pay for the view. :D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Great....was getting LTE on my rezound for 4 days with no problem, now I only get 3G.

At least I got a perfect reason to trade for the GNex

Edit: hmmm...somehow my phone got switched to cdma only....wtf?!?!

By chance, did you switch your Rezound off of "high performance"? Any other other power setting puts the phone into CDMA Only mode.

Reactions: woodraskam
Upvote 0
There has got to be a thread on the intricacies and awesomeness that is GV. I've tried to get the hang of it..to no avail. Can someone point me in the right direction?

That really depends on what you are looking for. There are probably thousands of discussions on Google Voice here, but most will be about a specific aspect of it. My best suggestion would be to break it down into what feature or part you want to learn and go from there. Another option would be to start a thread asking for help in understanding Google Voice in the Applications Forum.

No offense, but you have a very masculine torso. ;)

LMAO!

Upvote 0

Then this today:

P3 is just hedging his bets...would you want to eat your phone:p

Upvote 0
Looks like I may have spoke too soon. If the phone isn't out the 8th this should be a fun show from P3Droid! I hope he has a webcam. I'd pay for the view. :D

Yeah, if he eats his phone, I will eat mine. Guaranteed he will revise it to: "Well I meant I would eat my phone if you didn't have yours on order in 14 days..."

Upvote 0
Looks a bit cluttered for my taste. I plan on using circle launcher and making it invisible to make more of my apps easily accessible. It's too bad there is no scrollable dock like with LauncherPro.

Exactly why Im sure I will be using LPP still. I keep a clean ship and the the google search thing has to go. Not certain I can live without my scrollable dock and widgets from LPP.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones