• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see how lack of permanent buttons can be a preference, but how is having them a "flaw"? Many have argues that it's convenient having them separate from the screen. Like on the Rezound where the keys don't detract from the 720p screen's real estate unlike the GNex's depending on what it's doing at the time.

My concern is whether the permanent buttons will be functioning in ICS. I don't mind having permanent buttons that work, but if ICS is using on-screen buttons that change based on the app, then the fear is that the 4 permanent buttons will not be usable. Having 4 unusable buttons is a flaw IMO.

Upvote 0
Can't do screenshot im mobile but use zipcode 68123

Whoops, my stores always have special hours, not so special I guess.

Anyway here is a screen cap from your zip code to save others time. Thanks for pointing this out, gives me a mouse farts worth of hope, not much, but enough to keep me on this darn message board for another hour...

iBdYZ.png

Reactions: IndecisiveElle
Upvote 0
Ok guys update on the livign social deal... I called living social and explained the situation, yes verizon manager was an idiot. he is doing it wrong. They are going to call them up so they can fix it for future purchases. They gave me a $15 living social voucher at least. Yes therse 2 bar codes, but in the bottom bar code, the last 6 digits is a Pin they have to put in.

Upvote 0
Whoops, my stores always have special hours, not so special I guess.

Anyway here is a screen cap from your zip code to save others time. Thanks for pointing this out, gives me a mouse farts worth of hope, not much, but enough to keep me on this darn message board for another hour...

iBdYZ.png

I feel like if this was holiday related it would be very day and it would have a note about it being season hours specifically. Best Buy puts up notices of that kind every year for instance.

Reactions: Crashumbc
Upvote 0
The second CSR put me on hold and then denied the whole thing. She told me to register on the website. Oh well.

And Steve, this is again why I don't buy what any of these guys are saying. Until VZW comes out with an official release which is not likely today anymore and certainly not likely on the weekend, that leaves Monday as the earliest day for an official announcement from Verizon. Thus, I doubt we'll see a launch until Tuesday at the very earliest (wildly optimistic on my part and I don't really believe it).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
15th is what my friend a reseller had passed to him "via regional manager"

Might be where they are getting the 15th date.

Yeah, because that is the next thursday on the calendar. Nothing but an educated guess IMO. I really truly honestly believe there is no date anywhere, it was postponed indefinitely for whatever reason, and until that reason is resolved, the date won't be set. What we DO have going for us, is as per Hanette, stock is in its proper location, ad material is in the stores, so the stores could have the phone on sale the day after the go ahead is given. I think Verizon wants this phone out asap, so the regular rules won't apply. As soon as its ready, it goes live.

Reactions: coach26 and 49er
Upvote 0
Ok guys update on the livign social deal... I called living social and explained the situation, yes verizon manager was an idiot. he is doing it wrong. They are going to call them up so they can fix it for future purchases. They gave me a $15 living social voucher at least. Yes therse 2 bar codes, but in the bottom bar code, the last 6 digits is a Pin they have to put in.

I already used mine. "Promotion" (shorter #'s) is a COUPON, "Paid" (longer # with space) is a gift card. Each worth $25 off. Used mine to get GN accessories via telesales :)

Upvote 0
It feels like Black Friday all over again.... The leaked adds come out (in this case leaks of the phone) you know it is at the store and waiting for you to pick it up but the sales reps will not confirm or deny anything.... The only thing really missing is an ACTUAL release date. Even if Verizon plans on releasing this phone tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday or Monday why can't they tell us the darn date!

Upvote 0
It feels like Black Friday all over again.... The leaked adds come out (in this case leaks of the phone) you know it is at the store and waiting for you to pick it up but the sales reps will not confirm or deny anything.... The only thing really missing is an ACTUAL release date. Even if Verizon plans on releasing this phone tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday or Monday why can't they tell us the darn date!

Because they are the ultimate control freaks.

Upvote 0
That can't be it, I talked to him for 30-40 minutes yesterday, plus he remembered my name when he greeted me today

Well we already established Verizon wiped the brains of their employees, so as to eliminate the leaks. Perhaps they left the customer name section of the brain intact?

Reactions: jbdan and chandl90
Upvote 0
Guys,

I went to the Verizon store on my lunch break today. I asked one of the sales reps about the Galaxy Nexus. He tapped his left shoe once, rolled his eyes back for approximately 2 seconds, then scratched his crotch in exacty 9 up and down motions with his right hand. Then he told me he doesn't know anything.

He must be trying to signal to me that it's coming out tomorrow!!!!! 1 tap, 2 seconds, 9 scratches!! 12/9!!!!!

I'm so STOKED!!!!!11111ONE

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones