• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called VZW CSR and had a long with a nice lady there. She told me the Gnex was put on hold for now. She also said to call back in two days as it's going to be released then.

I told her I had seen the phone at Samsung Experience in NYC and that I wanted it.

So, I believe her. Two more days, folks. :)

Edit from my convo with Early: "and i completely believe it - as i predicted, people will have it in their hands by monday due to sales on friday or saturday as driven by retail pressures to not miss a full weekend of sales in december"

I couldn't agree more, the reason they have just said it's delayed with no ETA may not be a bad thing at all....Yes, it gives them the option to start selling it in 2 weeks, but it also gives them the option to start selling it in 2 hrs, days, etc. If there is stock in the stores Saturday, why not sell it??? Me thinkee Verizon like selling phones and making money! :D

Upvote 0
I have been lurking on here a while and decided to register and post. I have had my upgrade since October, but was told by a family friend in the know at VZW to hold on until around Thanksgiving with the new phones rolling out (referring to Razr, Rezound, Nexus). Since then, I started researching and finally was able to decide on the Nexus, so I have been waiting even more.

Yesterday morning, I contacted a salesperson I know at the local VZW store and asked if she was working on Friday. She asked if I was wanting the Nexus, and I said yes, so she put me down for an appointment. Shortly after when the postponement was leaked, she let me know that I wouldn't be able to get it (which I had already seen on here.) So needless to say, I was disappointed.

Today at lunch, it just so happens that the VZW and AT&T folks were in our work cafeteria, so I went and asked about the Nexus. She replied that there was a meeting this morning and gave me a date of 12/12 for the Nexus. I asked how certain she was since it has been delayed a few times, and she seemed about 75% certain.

That's all I have. I hope that I will have this phone in my hand next week, but until then, my Eris somehow soldiers on...
A 3/4 Welcome to you then:p Really, glad you joined, and interesting first post to boot!
Just checking in. Can anyone fill me in on what I've missed so far? What happened with that Verizon meeting scheduled for this morning? TIA!
Possible reschedule date for next week according to some.
hi guys i am back from verizion and i and i HAVE NEWS!!!!!!!!!
??

i have great news and Horrible news

post 70 70 7 lucky numbers today
WAT?
The second CSR put me on hold and then denied the whole thing. She told me to register on the website. Oh well.
So, I was right:(
football.jpg

i am not jerking around i talkingto phases and steven58 befor i post it on here give me a few please
ok.....

Upvote 0
Oh geez, please tell me VZW is not doing another gimmick. 12/12 at 12:12? Could this be the reason for the delay? They delayed the RAZR for the 11/11/11 thing, and that was their baby.

So what phone do you think will come out on 13/13 at 13:13? The Galaxy Nexus 3D EVO Super 4S?

Upvote 0
Out of honest curiosity, why are you waiting? I mean, reasons why you, personally, are waiting?

For sport, I will give you mine:

1) First ICS Experience
2) (Hopefully) advanced OS updates directly from Google
3) NO BUTTONS!!! (See Razr/Rezound, Flaw Of)

Here are mine:

1) Ice Cream Sandwich
2) Jumped at the Eris and it has been a real piece...want to make sure i'm in something solid this time
3) Nexus phones normally get OS updates first

Reactions: Mr. Link and Aabye
Upvote 0
Alright guys, im back. went and talked to the manager again at the corporate store near me (mid michigan area). I walked in, the manager spotted me, and came over to talk. I asked him about the 3g-4g 100$ off promo too. He said that it's something they send out to certain customers only, but he wasnt sure who the target audience was. I was told that if I was able to bring in the corporate flyer, they would honor it. Since I didnt actually get the flyer, only noticed it posted here, I am apparently ineligible :(

On to the nexus! This is where it got kinda odd. I asked if I should come back in tomorrow morning or not (since i was originally told to come friday at 10 when they open). He kinda glanced around quickly and said that he didnt have any in stock, but they might come later tonight but he would like to see me tomorrow morning.
The confusion for me comes from him telling me yesterday that they basically had them in stock and sitting in the stockroom downstairs. This was discovered when I mentioned that the Nexus doesnt have a microSD slot. He went to "check something", came back to me and said "ya, youre right, it would appear it doesnt have one" (or something to that extent). Now unless they just have a bunch of empty boxes with galaxy nexus features listed on them, it seemed pretty obvious to me that one of 2 things had happened downstairs:

A) He checked the boxes looking for features and it wasnt listed
or
B) He actually looked at the phone itself

Keep in mind at the end of our conversation i was told, and I quote "I'm not a betting man, but I am the manager, and if someone wanted a Nexus, they would be here friday when I open".

In the end, he wouldnt have to go downstairs to their storeroom to look at features, he could just pull up the equipment page on the computer in front of him. Lots of speculation at this point, but his behavior seemed to indicate he wasnt supposed to be telling me anything at all.

I'm still gonna stop in to the store tomorrow regardless of anything verizon says, or doesnt say, since its on my way to class. Thought you guys would appreciate any extra info you can get, and as always
YMMV and grains of salt

Upvote 0
Alright guys, im back. went and talked to the manager again at the corporate store near me (mid michigan area). I walked in, the manager spotted me, and came over to talk. I asked him about the 3g-4g 100$ off promo too. He said that it's something they send out to certain customers only, but he wasnt sure who the target audience was. I was told that if I was able to bring in the corporate flyer, they would honor it. Since I didnt actually get the flyer, only noticed it posted here, I am apparently ineligible :(

On to the nexus! This is where it got kinda odd. I asked if I should come back in tomorrow morning or not (since i was originally told to come friday at 10 when they open). He kinda glanced around quickly and said that he didnt have any in stock, but they might come later tonight but he would like to see me tomorrow morning.
The confusion for me comes from him telling me yesterday that they basically had them in stock and sitting in the stockroom downstairs. This was discovered when I mentioned that the Nexus doesnt have a microSD slot. He went to "check something", came back to me and said "ya, youre right, it would appear it doesnt have one" (or something to that extent). Now unless they just have a bunch of empty boxes with galaxy nexus features listed on them, it seemed pretty obvious to me that one of 2 things had happened downstairs:

A) He checked the boxes looking for features and it wasnt listed
or
B) He actually looked at the phone itself

In the end, he wouldnt have to go downstairs to their storeroom to look at features, he could just pull up the equipment page on the computer in front of him. Lots of speculation at this point, but his behavior seemed to indicate he wasnt supposed to be telling me anything at all.

I'm still gonna stop in to the store tomorrow regardless of anything verizon says, or doesnt say, since its on my way to class. Thought you guys would appreciate any extra info you can get, and as always
YMMV and grains of salt

Maybe he didn't remember you from the first time, and so was feeding you a lie?

Upvote 0
So Droid-Life has gotten a number of comments on one of its articles, stating they were told the 15th by VZW employees... Based on the follow up tweets, I would say that is bogus, except that it is a day that hasn't come yet, and so is possible.

15th is what my friend a reseller had passed to him "via regional manager"

Might be where they are getting the 15th date.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones