• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the numerous confirmations by store reps (and yet no picture evidence of a delay in corporate stores???), is there any reason we should not believe this phone can still sell tomorrow, as a surprise? What I mean is, what if Verizon issues a notice that suddenly stores with stock are able to sell tomorrow...?

As much as I do not want to get tied up and wake up tomorrow to the phone not selling, I still feel that they switched it to coming soon due to the lte network and were working on another ota and did not want to commit to a date if those two were not met and since it appears both are they may open the flood gates tomorrow. Wishful thinking I know.

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
Damn, thats a pretty dank team.
I've got:
Eli Manning
Percy Harvin, Colston
Darren Sproles, MJD, McGahee, Demarco Murray
Owen Daniels
Giants/Steelers Defense, and John Kasay
I lost Kenny Britt early on in the season. He was having a MONSTER season. My QB is Matthew Stafford (Carson Palmer b/u). LeShaun McCoy, Steven Jackson, and Shonn Greene are my RB's. Vincent Jackson, Anquan Boldin, and Brandon Lloyd are my WR's, Jason Witten is my TE. Jason Hanson is my kicker and my defense rotates weekly between the Bears and Texans. I average about 116 points per week.

Upvote 0
Which could be the reason for the 15th?
That makes sense.
I feel like a broken record:
Verizon doesn't wait until there are no bugs in a phone to release it. There will still be a handful of bugs at release. This is normal. If we waited for them to develop, test, develop, test, the phone would never see the light of day by your logic (that the release is held up by said updates). Unless it is something that would cause significant problems, they will launch the phone and worry about updates later.
Yeah but if that was the case they would release it tomorrow and just send out the update next week. From what I've read, the update isn't even a bug fixer. It's supposed to be a feature change.

Upvote 0
That's what we should all do to Verizon's webpage tomorrow when they dont release our phone. Hit them with a DDoS attack and cripple their web server for a while.

Can people stop with the DDoS attack stuff? It doesn't make us look good as a community. It's one thing to bitch, but to actually inflict harm on the company is not acceptable, no matter how pissed we are.

Upvote 0
Hello all, I've been a "member" since 2010 but this is my first post :(. You guys have been entertaining and making the wait for the GN a little bearable. I got to play with the Verizon GN at to different Verizon stores in PA and I must say it is the best Phone I have ever held in my hands up to date. I appreciate quality and this Phone doesn't have any of that cheap Samsung feel. Its very premium feeling. I go back and forth from android and ios and right now I have people bidding on my 32gb iPhone 4s just because I am sold on this phone. I took pics and will post momentarily! I share your pain/passion as we await this beautiful peace of android ice cream sandwich lol.

Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 7.26.07 PM | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 7.25.24 PM | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Upvote 0
I lost Kenny Britt early on in the season. He was having a MONSTER season. My QB is Matthew Stafford (Carson Palmer b/u). LeShaun McCoy, Steven Jackson, and Shonn Greene are my RB's. Vincent Jackson, Anquan Boldin, and Brandon Lloyd are my WR's, Jason Witten is my TE. Jason Hanson is my kicker and my defense rotates weekly between the Bears and Texans. I average about 116 points per week.

Ha, at one point, I named my team "IR All-Stars". My name now is not appropriate for this board, but, it's a play on Dexter McCluster's name.

Anyway, I drafted Jamaal Charles with my first pick. He went down, what, week 2? So, I had Fred Jackson and Javid Best as my RBs. At one point, I thought I needed to trade to upgrade, I looked at my leagues scoring, and they were the No. 2 and 3 scoring RBs in the league... Well, Best went down, I lucked out with Demarco Murray. Then, Jackson went down. So, I started Murray and McCluster last week. It worked out... This week, I am a huge Marion Barber fan, hopefully with more carries he can be productive.

I felt stacked at WR with Nicks, Bryant, and Fitzgerald. Eli at QB, that is a potential weakness, but, if I had my good RBs healthy and those WRs, I would have been sitting pretty. I came in 4th in my league, starting playoffs this week, need some luck to stay alive.

Upvote 0
Wanted to add... I put the demo unit in my pocket today... fit better than my fat stupid HTC Hero. Don't worry about it being too big. It is really a great size.

Wow, they didn't stop you going out the door? Nice job, post some pics!

If you can do C++, you can do Java. They're sufficiently similar that all you need is a good reference book if you're already proficient in C++.

As Early pointed out recently, there's the Android NDK available to create C/C++ apps on Android.

Reactions: nismo300zx96
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones