• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from SW Minnesota originally (wearing my Vikings polo today, definitely NOT a fair weather fan) so I know what you mean about that stuff. Living in GA is nice, summer tires year round.
Spent some time in Blairsville Sorry Blahrrrrrrrsvillllle JoJa...Loved the Blue ridge mountains and the Moderate temps....I am happy you vikings fans got to deal with the Favre Rollercoaster after we got sick of riding that

Upvote 0
0bea4828.jpg

Ready and waiting.......

Upvote 0
Holla! If I had a Vikings polo on today I would also be sporting the paper bag hat. Instead of watching games with hope I've taken to watching them for entertainment. A little piece of me died the night Brett Favre made the most ill-advised throw in recent memory.

Yeah, that and Gary Anderson's... I can't even say it. My two worst memories as a fan.

Upvote 0
Still feel that way now?

Actually I am happy for them. I wish VZW wasn't so serious about a few getting out, so they didn't have to hide.

But Secret Santa, thanks for sharing! And thanks for being a messenger OTD, how does it feel to have everyone waiting for you to relay stuff? Steven and Han were getting all the attention ;)

P.S. is husband cable supposed to be power cable?

I'm very happy that some of us might have the opportunity to get it early; I was really excited when I thought OTD snagged one.

I'm just numb to it all now. If it comes next week or next month, I'm just numb.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Has any of the almost got it peeps been someone trying to buy full retail? I would think that would go off without a hitch at any place unlike bestbuy where they have the retail price and product in their system. Not sure how many places would have that though and some like Costco won't sell full retail.

Yup, that's what I was doing at RS. Doesn't matter cause the sku shows unavailable in the price column once the salesperson scans.

Upvote 0
That's interesting because I am actually coming from a DX, and I love the feel of a semi-heavy phone. I'm a pretty big guy too and having something heavier makes it less susceptible to it flying out of my pancake hands lol.

Of the three phones (RAZR, Rezound and Nexus) I have to say that I personally think the Rezound feels the most solid and well built. I think the screen is just as beautiful as the Nexus screen as well. I wouldn't fault anyone for choosing the Rezound over the Nexus. The RAZR on the other hand feels cheap and has a subpar screen. My 2 cents.....

Upvote 0
For all you who have held a demo unit. How is it possible that the phones so light but feels so well built and solid? This is one of my major concerns- I couldn't stand how light and cheap the samsung charge felt. I'm 6'3'' 220- I need a little bit of weight in my hands for something to feel well built :).

um... well I'm not sure how to answer this. It was light.. especially before we put the battery in it. But it wasn't a cheap kind of light... I don't know how to explain it. I'm used to a bit a weight with my DX esp in a otterbox... but it does make my pinkie ache after a while of holding it... I don't think this will be the case with the GN. Perhaps the lack of buttons and the beauty of the screen make you think about how awesome it is.. not how light it feels??!?!

Reactions: nyg010
Upvote 0
Also very interesting, considering one of moto's major selling points was the full steel frame and high quality materials. But yea, I kind of expected the Rezound to be of perfect weight for me- I'm just not an HTC fan at all.
Of the three phones (RAZR, Rezound and Nexus) I have to say that I personally think the Rezound feels the most solid and well built. I think the screen is just as beautiful as the Nexus screen as well. I wouldn't fault anyone for choosing the Rezound over the Nexus. The RAZR on the other hand feels cheap and has a subpar screen. My 2 cents.....

Upvote 0
Right now you can get unlimited data (throttled after 5GB) and 100 minutes for $30 a month on T-Mobile. Great plan. I just would like to have the Verizon unlimited LTE.

But every day that passes takes me a little closer.

Yeah. It's the throttling that bugs me. You would think you could get a plan similar to that with no throttling for $40-50 and maybe have a more useful amount of talk time like 500-700 for 60. And like 70 with 2 lines sharing it all. If I can't get subsidies, that seems like a fair price. But I pay about double the $70 for a 2 line VZW plan with unlimited data on each with 700 shared minutes and that's after a pretty good discount I have.

Upvote 0
going by what i have read from various forums, twitter, fb and the like, my personal opinion is that the delay is because not everyone got their stock in time for release. i know it seems so simple that it couldnt possibly be right to many of us, but sometimes the best answer is the simplest. many reports of stores NOT having them in, some only have 1-3 while others having 30+. P3 said a while back(when he first started saying 12/9 which turned out to be correct) that they would be in port on 11/29-11/30, so with that being 10 days ago, i could see them not having gotten all of their stock out to all of their direct and indirect retailers by now

Upvote 0
That isn't exactly "evidence" IMO. DL does a good job, and pocketnow also, but I am looking for a screenshot of emails or some document pointing towards the 15th. Otherwise its all hearsay at this point.

FWIW I also heard the manager at my store say the 15th, but not sure where they got that info. Maybe VZW is just calling all the store managers instead of making an official email.

Maybe they figure by calling instead of sending an email there will not be any thing to leak other than word of mouth compared to something concrete that will clearly make it all over the interwebs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones