• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a new and crazy story for you. I call up to try and get the $100 promo and strike out. CSR was really nice about it and tried her best to see if any of what she found applied to me. Next I try to see if she can at least move my NE2 up from the 27th. Nada. Can't even get that moved up a lousy 2 weeks.

So they while I'm talking to her I mention that I get no service while I'm at work. We go through all the usual stuff with her looking up trouble reports and tower locations for my work location and she find nothing. At this point she transfers me to tech support and she goes through a couple questions with me about resetting the phone and if I have trouble anywhere else. I tell her that it just at work and that everyone else there with Verizon has no signal either. This is where it gets interesting.

She offers to send me a refurb replacement or do an early upgrade with her on the spot. I tell her I'm waiting for the the Galaxy Nexus and I don't want to upgrade until it is released. This is where she proceeds to tell me that Sprint is getting it first and she doesn't know when Verizon is getting it. Those were her exact words. At this point I'm like what? Then she proceeds to try again to push me to do an upgrade. I politely told her that I'm hearing that Verizon is getting it first and very soon and that I'm not interested in upgrading to anything but the Nexus and this is where the call ended.

Realizing how little Verizon lets its employees know but this is a 2nd tier tech support person telling me Sprint is getting it first. How crazy is that?

I bet she is getting sick of people calling and asking about the nexus. Her quotas are probably hurting right now...lol she tried to scam you into an upgrade.

Upvote 0
^^^This is exactly why I love this forum. We are all so comfortable with each other and are willing to go out of our way to help one another...wait for it...awwww :)

I'm not from the midwest, but I'll be up until 12 eastern time if you would like.

Awwwwwwww.

Ok this is how I am looking at this...a woman's point of view...

For the last 2+ months I have been cruising this forum looking for any scrap of news that this phone is going to release soon INSTEAD of what I'm usually doing...

Which is cruising the Internet looking for new pairs of shoes to adopt into a loving home.

VERIZON PLEASE! Do you really want to leave another innocent pair of shoes homeless for the holidays??????

Oh the humanity!!!!

^
This. <3

Ok guys, it's been fun. But unfortunately, it's time for me to cuddle up with my pillows so there's some fuel in the tank for a workout early. Special thanks to scottg96 for being an awesome dude.

PEAS!

Night m1scr3ant!

This is right on so many levels! :D

We even have a Lounge thread to emphasize the importance of the concept -

http://androidforums.com/lounge/409419-post-your-shoes-d.html

Here's a snap of mine from that very thread -

22544d1317395659-post-your-shoes-d-leopard-nikes.jpg

A dad of a friend of mine was talking about all of the things he was still pursuing 20 years after retirement. I loved this guy! When I asked him what possessed to grab a new Harley as his age, he had this to say -

You only walk through life once - so wear the Big Shoes! :)

I offer this in his memory to all of you who are about to high-steppin with your new Nexus! :)

I have lots of pics in that thread. :D

Upvote 0
I live in the SF/Bay Area, and my phone convo was legit as can be. He searched for it, didn't say the promo was only for the midwest and quickly added a note to my account saying I was eligible. I in no way deceived him, and was very courteous to him. I say thats a legit way of having a note be put on my account.

And speaking for myself and Steven - that's way cool and ok.

The reps, per Verizon, have a lot of discretionary power.

All we ask is that others do as you do - be nice, be cool, get what they'll give you, and be straight up about it.

Kudos on your fine demeanor, with them and on our forums!!! :)

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
PSAlogo-600-b.jpg

Some of you are going too far lying to to CSR's and trying to cheat your way to extra promos or getting things you shouldn't. If the conversation goes south and morally disintegrates into this type of thing, we will delete such posts and seriously infract such posters. Android Forums, in NO WAY advocates "sticking it to the man" or taking advantage of corporations in any way. If you are eligible for the discount, go for it. If not, pay the extra $100. DON'T CHEAT! If you are going to cheat in any way, then don't talk about it or promote it here.

If I may get personal? When we cheat others, we are really cheating ourselves out of talking moral high ground and out of growth in character. I don't believe $100 is a good price to sell my character for. Neither should you.

Bottom line: Don't do it. If you do, don't talk about it here.

Now, having said that, I want to share MY personal testimony of HOW I GOT THE 100 DOLLAR DISCOUNT! Yup! I did!

To make a long story short, I want to summarize by saying that it turned out that I was talking to a CSR who dabbled in developing. He has a DX2 and described the super cool boot animation he was developing for his phone. He and I hit it off and I invited him here to talk a look around. If you see this and are visiting, I WARMLY WELCOME YOU and want to tell you how much of a joy it was to share that long conversation we had about the phones we love so much! :)

Firstly, I want to tell you all that I was dead honest with him. I told him who I was. I told him that I started this mega thread (that's when he said he knew AF and would check it out!)

At first he couldn't find the discount by code. Then I told him about the 3g to 4g promotion title. He put me on hold then found it. He told me it is ONLY FOR THE NORTHEAST AND THE MIDWEST which is something we suspected. We suspected it was regional. I'm in the Northeast, so it was a go.

I told him that I did NOT have the mailer but I was hoping for it. I told him that I found out about it here. So, what he did was to put a note in my account for the CSR in the store, about the 100 dollar discount. The only thing is that the phone has to "come out by the 31st" he said. Fine, it's coming out this Thursday, right? RIGHT? :mad::p

So yeah, he and I became fast friends. We shared stories and had each other laughing. People like this man are why I am a Verizon fanboy. I don't really care what's going on with Nexus politics, but I'll tell you this. Everytime... every.time that I've had an issue or a need with VZW service or needed help, Verizon has ALWAYS come through to help me.

Moral of the story: Take the high ground. I didn't cheat. I was open and honest about this promotion. I got it. I even told him about you wonderful people who chipped in toward the purchase of a Nexus for me. (I'm still choked up by that... I have no words... thank you. thank you.) I got the discount and I have your gift. I'll be getting a Nexus with some nice accessories. Can anyone say "Dock?" :p

How about sharing some of those metaclorins with the rest of us. :p First you get your upgrade moved up a month ago now you get the $100 off promo. I can't even get them to move my upgrade up by a lousy 2 weeks. Talk about a serious metaclorin deficiency. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
can verizon be any more clueless? CSRs are all over the place

I have been denied the $100 upgrade over the phone, by email, by chat....while others get it right away....it's no wonder they can't get this phone out

edit: the chat lady keeps asking me if i want a physical keyboard...wtf?

tell her, if the keyboard is a free bluetooth keyboard, then sure why not. Otherwise, not so much.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That's the last time the page was refreshed by your browser........do it again and it will show you the last time you refreshed......

I opened the web page source and there's no date to be found in the source.

Re-read what I wrote, that page is loading server side html, to view the page I actually looked at you have to turn off redirecting. Since the page is just static html it is not re-rendered on each load and thus keeps the metadata (aka the date last modified)

Reactions: leebsammy
Upvote 0
Re-read what I wrote, that page is loading server side html, to view the page I actually looked at you have to turn off redirecting. Since the page is just static html it is not re-rendered on each load and thus keeps the metadata (aka the date last modified)

EDIT: well that initial image post failed

9:33 EST which would be 8:33 CST, I get what you were referring to now.

But is there really any significance?

Attachments

• gnex-referesh2.JPG
    gnex-referesh2.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
Just dialed 611 and spoke to a really nice guy named Brian. I asked about the promotion and off the top of his head he knew of it and thought it was nationwide. He took about a minute to search for it and discovered that it was midwest only. He checked my account and verified that I was in the midwest and he said I qualified for it even though I would be doing an early upgrade on the primary line of a family plan. He also said the promotion somehow waves the $20 early upgrade free. He said the promo could be used when ordering by phone. He added what he called a "hot note" to my account per my request since I told him I was waiting for the Nexus.

I asked if he had any info about the Nexus. He had no dates but believed there should be a pre-order a couple days before release and that I should check back every day starting tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Okay, well exploring the VZ site I found this Device Showcase: Open Network Devices | Verizon Wireless
cSAg.png

PLEASE EXPLAIN

opennetwork is a portal where OEMs are supposedly able to get open network device certified for use and sale somewhat independently of VZW. It was created not long after the C-Block rules were instituted to pacify google and consumer groups who pushed for the rules. So far mostly only commercial oriented devices have went on sale through the process. Supposedly though it should work for consumer devices, but VZW is obviously dissuading big OEMs that want officially supported and subsidized devices sold by VZW from offering up more open alternatives through this.

Reactions: zedster
Upvote 0
Just dialed 611 and spoke to a really nice guy named Brian. I asked about the promotion and off the top of his head he knew of it and thought it was nationwide. He took about a minute to search for it and discovered that it was midwest only. He checked my account and verified that I was in the midwest and he said I qualified for it even though I would be doing an early upgrade on the primary line of a family plan. He also said the promotion somehow waves the $20 early upgrade free. He said the promo could be used when ordering by phone. He added what he called a "hot note" to my account per my request since I told him I was waiting for the Nexus.

I asked if he had any info about the Nexus. He had no dates but believed there should be a pre-order a couple days before release and that I should check back every day starting tomorrow.

The lady I spoke with said it was nationwide and ran through this month. With all the varying reports it's certainly hard to lock down the facts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones