• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is to those ppl who were able to get the "3g to 4G promo" .......

after calling 611 several different time, I found a rep who knew about the promo. She called it a "3g to 4G Trade-In" promo and said it involves a $100 gift card as apposed to $100 discount on phone. She said once I get the new phone, they will mail a $100 gift card to me. Did anyone else have it explained to them this way?

EDIT: Im in California

I just asked the lady what promos are they offereing and could it be applied to my planned upgrade this week. She said "3g to 4g" and a "smartphone trade in program with a password or code". I told her the ch4ge code and she explained it was a smartphone trade-in and you do get a $100 gift card once you send in your "basic smartphone" whatever that means. The 3g to 4g promo she told me it was nationwide and ran through this month and that yes I was eligible for it. Who knows :p

Point being their answers are across the board and there is no way we can know the facts until we can purchase the phone (or a phone).

Upvote 0
I am making this post right now. But I haven't posted it yet. In all likelyhood, I will be ninjad. Ninjad means while you are typing your reply, someone has already beat you too it. I am just going to go ahead and add it as I am sure it has already happened.

**Ninjad**

I was trying so hard to be first that I didn't bother trying to make too much sense. This is a good explanation.

I think my brain is melting....

Upvote 0
Page is down. I guess that means that they could be working on something (considering that the testman site is used to test pages before they go live).

It's a broken link though... Ahhhhh never mind, didn't notice it was still under the testman sub domain. I will get my hopes up only to have them crushed.

Upvote 0
Yeah but it's not Gorilla Glass and I 100% promise that Corning would be very angry to hear that Verizon reps are telling people that it is. In fact, that's quite illegal. I bet that she doesn't know that it's not Gorilla Glass. That or she was looking at the wrong phone.

Or maybe she is trying to get Verizon sued for the way they screwed up the Nexus launch.

I spoke to a Samsung rep not a Verizon rep.

Reactions: DSCR and EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I agree and have seen those responses from Corning. I just thought it was odd that a Samsung rep who is probably checking a Samsung database would say that.

During the ICS event back in October in Hong Kong a couple Android bloggers asked the Samsung reps if the Galaxy Nexus had Gorilla Glass and more than one rep replied "yes." Sometimes I wonder how informed their people are.....

Upvote 0
Take with the usual dosage of salt.. CSR's don't know anything.. yada yada yada

Sheranda: When it is first introduced, it will probably be through pre-order sales only.

You: really? Any idea when that might start?

You: if there is a pre-order than I will just do that

Sheranda: No, but I can send you a link that you can sign up for email updates if you would like.

Upvote 0
Well, the rep I just spoke to about an hour ago said neither of our lines that are up for upgrades are eligible for the $100 promotion. I am in Illinois so that is not the problem. We have 3 unlimited data lines, I'm not sure how much data we actually use though.

Hopefully if I try in the morning I am more successful. How many times are some of you having to call to get a rep that will do it?

I'm not even sure that I will be able to use the upgrades, since the lines that have phones that need replacing are not the ones that are actually eligible for upgrades, but we have used upgrades on the "wrong" line before since it is a family plan and they let us do so.

Reactions: Hustletron
Upvote 0
Reactions: TheRoosevelt
Upvote 0
Well, the rep I just spoke to about an hour ago said neither of our lines that are up for upgrades are eligible for the $100 promotion. I am in Illinois so that is not the problem. We have 3 unlimited data lines, I'm not sure how much data we actually use though.

Hopefully if I try in the morning I am more successful. How many times are some of you having to call to get a rep that will do it?

I'm not even sure that I will be able to use the upgrades, since the lines that have phones that need replacing are not the ones that are actually eligible for upgrades, but we have used upgrades on the "wrong" line before since it is a family plan and they let us do so.

One email last week and 2 calls today. Success on second call.

Reactions: zogster
Upvote 0
i've mentioned this before, but start by contacting someone here:

Executive Leadership

however, I would advise that you do need to have a considerable argument when contacting the executive office team. mine was a contract that should have been voided out a year ago when I returned a droid 2 global.

Yea, I wouldn't go to the executive leadership for this. My post was actually tongue in cheek using a Star Wars (or Men Who Stare at Goats) reference to the microscopic atoms that make some able to control the force. It was a reference to Steven's avatar being Yoda.

Upvote 0
Here is the image i said earlier. Like someone said, i'm sure its an update. just figured i'd share.

photo0029y.jpg

Upvote 0
I spoke to a Samsung rep not a Verizon rep.

Please don't take the volume of responses personally, I'm sure no one meant it that way.

Gorilla glass is a glass formulation - just like Kleenex is a kind of tissue but is not the only kind of that tissue.

We've seen this confusion before - things are said all over, publicly, to not be Gorilla glass, but then turn out that they are, and the disconnect in the information is only due to when the various IT people are told to update their websites.

Or - the rep made an honest mistake.

In any case, the glass on the Nexus is known and _substantiated_ to be the fortified glass equivalent of Gorilla glass, whether supply by Corning or by any other maker under another name.

(I want to requote my Bayer aspirin is not the only aspirin metaphor, but was surprised that others conversant in copyrights knew better for other countries. ;) )

In any case, your post with the Samsung rep was appreciated by all here, I'm sure, despite the detail-picking on terms. ;) :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones