• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no docks at the corp store I purchased from this AM - just over-priced cases and screen protectors.

Any one else get a dock?

Only the hdmi dock was in their system and it was only available by ordering it none in stock. Same for the car dock. I did get the ext battery w/ cover though!

The phone is sick I'm in awe

Upvote 0
Well guys, here I am, Nexus in hand and so beyond stoked to get rid of my iPhone 4S. I can't believe today is actually the day!!

I stood in line with about 30 other people in downtown DC and as soon as Verizon opened at 9 AM we flooded in, all asking for the Nexus. One guy even said, "Did you have this many for the Razr?" They laughed and said, "No."

Then another person joked, "I'm here for the White Razr." He couldn't keep a straight face.

It was an epic morning and I am so so happy to have this gorgeous, fast, amazing phone in my hands! Can't wait to keep up the chatting with everyone in the other parts of the Nexus forums as I'm now a proud owner and no longer belong in the pre-release thread. Congrats guys and I hope everyone is able to get a phone today! When I saw the line I worried for a minute, but they had plenty of stock!

I joined this site just to participate in this thread, and it's been epic! Thank you guys, for helping me through the wait! Look forward to seeing you all in the "Now I have my Nexus" forum :)

Upvote 0
Help me decide!

So I finally got to see this in person. It is very nice. My Verizon store had it hanging there with the thin plastic back off.
I tried to snap it back in and it wouldn’t hold. This didn’t make a big diff to me, but it made the phone feel awkward.

Got to test the camera. I know megapix aren’t important, but a few test shots and it was clear to me that the camera compared to the 4s or the rezound is pretty bad. I put weight on this feature, a lot of people might not, but I do. However, if that is outweighed by other features or benefits then I want to know.

I know I am risking starting a sh*t storm and I don’t want to spoil the party. But can someone in simple terms tell me other than the camera what I am gaining with this phone over the Rezound?

What is the benefit of having a nexus phone?

Upvote 0
Not happy about the speaker volume and the reception...I am in the middle of a 4G area, and I have 1 bar of 3G...That's it...

The speaker volume is low I agree and ringtones and noti's are hard to hear. Earpiece volume is great though imo. I'm rooting this sooner than I thought there are some things I want how I want. Still, it's amazing. The newer updated voice to text is the neatest thing since sliced bread!

Reactions: Kaddoble
Upvote 0
Congrats to all of you who got your phone this morning!

I ordered online at 1:05 AM sharp, so I HOPE that credit verification passes today and they ship it to me today for arrival tomorrow. I'll be joining you all soon!

I look forward to hearing everybody's first impressions! Do you guys think you made a good choice waiting? Anyone feel like they'd rather have the ReZound now? :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones