• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, the Razr looks sweet to me and the hardware is wonderful, but I've had an encrypted bootloader on my DX since July 15th a year ago. It wasn't an issue then, but then I learned now to root, rom and mod in a big way. I felt too limited.

Yes, it's a beautiful phone, it would warrant my serious consideration, but I can't see how any serious modder could stand for the encryption. This is just my perspective.

BTW,
You've been an ever presence in the DX forum, and I've always appreciated your input. Look forward to your moderation here.

<\suckup>

Upvote 0
BTW,
You've been an ever presence in the DX forum, and I've always appreciated your input. Look forward to your moderation here.

<\suckup>
brownnose.jpg

:D:p:);):D

Upvote 0
oh i wasn't trying to discredit you or anything, just putting it out there :)

and from what i can find searching the net, everyone seems pretty confused about whether or not nfc is actually in the battery. i see mentions of the nfc antenna being in the battery, and the nfc chip in the phone. makes more sense i suppose

I didn't mean to come off heavy handed. I know you were just putting out more info, and I aprreciate it.

I've been wrong before (I was 100% certain the Gnex was going to be 1.5GHz). But I just wanted to dismiss the notion that it was going to be a simple battery change. I think to do it right, it must be designed in from the start.

Upvote 0
oh i wasn't trying to discredit you or anything, just putting it out there :)

and from what i can find searching the net, everyone seems pretty confused about whether or not nfc is actually in the battery. i see mentions of the nfc antenna being in the battery, and the nfc chip in the phone. makes more sense i suppose

As I think about it some more, I think that's a very valid point about the NFC chip being in the phone and the antenna in the battery.

If I were designing it, no way would the NFC be removable. That means someone could swap out your battery and have all your credential information. Seems like too much of a security concern.

Upvote 0
So...basically I know locked bootloaders can be worked around, but why settle? At least for me, it is still a dealbreaker.

-Nkk
excellent question. I dont feel like its settling because of what 4.0 brings to the table. Add to that what nice functions TouchWiz and Blur add to the table and the software package just got a lot more nicer.

I know most people despise UI's but i think TW and BLUR have come a long way since the "old" days. I think they are a lot less intrusive. Vanilla Android has also come a long way. The leap from GB to ICS is huge in my opinion. I havent used it yet but just from current video and the presentation ics looks leaps and bounds better and adds some great funtionality. So the bells and whistle list that come from custom roms has gotten less important for me. The devs did a fantastic job of adding features to GB and Froyo like you mentioned above but todays current software is pretty stellar with a lot of functionality.

I've modded for more hours than i care to admit. Im not settling because I dont care for it anymore. Played that game and im ready for something different. The hardware and software has evolved so much there is not a need anymore.

Thats my feelings on it and I was a heavy duty modder.......just ask husker lol

Upvote 0
excellent question. I dont feel like its settling because of what 4.0 brings to the table. Add to that what nice functions TouchWiz and Blur add to the table and the software package just got a lot more nicer.

I know most people despise UI's but i think TW and BLUR have come a long way since the "old" days. I think they are a lot less intrusive. Vanilla Android has also come a long way. The leap from GB to ICS is huge in my opinion. I havent used it yet but just from current video and the presentation ics looks leaps and bounds better and adds some great funtionality. So the bells and whistle list that come from custom roms has gotten less important for me. The devs did a fantastic job of adding features to GB and Froyo like you mentioned above but todays current software is pretty stellar with a lot of functionality.

I've modded for more hours than i care to admit. Im not settling because I dont care for it anymore. Played that game and im ready for something different. The hardware and software has evolved so much there is not a need anymore.

Thats my feelings on it and I was a heavy duty modder.......just ask husker lol
But you are settling atleast for a few months or longer until the razr gets ics. I think both will be great phones just depends on what more you put emphasis on in a phone.

Upvote 0
I believe he said no more playing cruel jokes. I don't recall anything about not picking on Hans Olo / H.Lo

:p

Read the remainder of this post knowing that I am tired and feeling sort of random:

It should be H. Olo, not H. Lo. And, as soon as I thought of H. Olo, I thought of saying H Olo to this tune:

RICOLA - YouTube

So...What is more satisfying: saying H. Lo or saying H. Olo to a ridiculous theme sound thing?

-Nkk

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones