• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it really matter if it comes with a bloated version of ICS? If your monitoring this thread waiting for this phone to come out, chances are your the type of person that won't run the stock rom, so who cares? If this device doesn't get castrated or passed on by verizon, the Devs will work wonders with it.

And I'll be on here begging for help on how to do it. I plan on this device being my first-time root/rom experience. I'll be nervous as hell though.

Upvote 0
I think ICS will be much better than Honeycomb. It has to be. I think they have been cooking ICS for awhile and put Honeycomb out so that they could get into the tablet arena. The only thing that might worry me is if it comes with all the Verizon bloat, then updates will not be fast-coming. But then that is what I have you guys here for is to help me root it and not freak out about the chance of bricking my phone...

Upvote 0
Man I just read through most of this thread and I cannot believe the amount of rumors to facts ratio.

I got the Bionic and returned it within 2 days because the thing is a piece of crap. I have a very high standard for my phones. Right now I'm rocking a Droid Charge, which I think is awesome, except I want a bigger screen. I don't see a huge difference in single core vs. dual core at this point, it's probably the apps I'm using.

But my question is how do you guys know what the Prime is going to be? Or even that it's coming? A lot of you guys were so hyped up on the Galaxy S 2 and that didn't even exist, for Verizon.

Yeah, the LTE HD model looks smoking hot, but that's for Korea! What makes you guys think that it will be coming here?

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, I'd love to see something like that on Verizon. I'd definitely get it. But I'm just wondering what makes you guys so sure.

This is the most active thread I've ever seen for a phone that hasn't even had a leaked fuzzy pic, a month before it's supposed release.

Upvote 0
Samsung Nexus Prime (GT-I9250) Stops by Bluetooth SIG - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Didn't this already happen? I feel like we're in a Twilight Zone episode that's lasting too long.

Welcome, Droid Animal. This is the answer to your question. We're so active because this is the best phone to come along in a very long time, supposedly, and just when we think we're being duped and made to look like fools, we get little crumbs like this one that make us excited all over again.

Although I have to admit that the rush this time around is not as intense. I need an higher dose!

Reactions: droid animal
Upvote 0
The only thing that might worry me is if it comes with all the Verizon bloat, then updates will not be fast-coming. But then that is what I have you guys here for is to help me root it and not freak out about the chance of bricking my phone...

Depending on how long it takes to get the phone rooted. The Devs will have a non bloated stock rom available pretty quickly. If they can use previous software to root the phones, i could see a rom coming out in a few days. Most rooting software is 1 click root anyway ( i just did my wifes OG driod again, so much easier). Then just flash the rom through clockwork. You should be practicing on your old phone anyway :D

I'm not hung up on the LTE either. I'm always in an area where i can connect to a hotspot. 3g does just fine for gps. Until the network gets better for LTE i see no reason to waste the battery, but it is marketing power.

Upvote 0
Samsung Nexus Prime (GT-I9250) Stops by Bluetooth SIG - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Didn't this already happen? I feel like we're in a Twilight Zone episode that's lasting too long.

Welcome, Droid Animal. This is the answer to your question. We're so active because this is the best phone to come along in a very long time, supposedly, and just when we think we're being duped and made to look like fools, we get little crumbs like this one that make us excited all over again.

Although I have to admit that the rush this time around is not as intense. I need an higher dose!

Yeah, I remember reading about this and the wifi certification.
heres the link http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/08/samsung-nexus-prime-receives-wifi-certification/

Upvote 0

The sch-i515 made it through with CDMA radio:

Samsung Nexus/DROID Prime Cruises Through Bluetooth SIG with a CDMA Radio - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

The one today appears to be GT-I9250 with GSM radio.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I sure hope we're not waiting until december for this phone. I don't know if my Eris' battery can hold out that long.
I'm not ruling it out but I don't_think_that will happen. I_think_ the i515 will drop in November and the Droid RAZR will drop in December but then again that could be a vice versa type of thing.

Despite the Bionic just dropping Motorola is still behind one big release so it may drop in November due to contractual obligations and that would POSSIBLY push the i515 into December.

All just 100% pure speculation but something to consider as a POSSIBLE scenario.

Upvote 0
I think we are still a ways off with both these phones. November at the earliest. I'm also not ruling out a December release.

Looks like the rumor of an early October launch for the iPhone seems to be coming to fruition as well.

An October release for either of these phones (i9250 and i515) is a for sure write off in my opinion

Agreed. This lends more credence, in my opinion, of good news at the Samsung event on October 11, for most likely a November release. What a better way to crap on Apple's parade than to announce something way better a few days before the iPhone release? Given the animosity between Samsung and Apple lately, I wouldn't be surprised.

I sure hope we're not waiting until december for this phone. I don't know if my Eris' battery can hold out that long.

I'm not waiting til December. If I don't have concrete, official proof of a release date by Black Friday, I'll go with the best thing on the market, which will most likely be the Vigor.

. . . .In the Prime game, the price to play is patience.

That's true, to a point. But with LG's upcoming super-phone and the Vigor (I'm not counting Spyder/RAZR because of it's quarter HD screen), there will be good, solid options for those who don't want to wait forever.

Upvote 0
Eh. Might be accurate, might not be. No verifiable source.

Jungle, here is a more accurate list, verifiable by the Prime Forum community. And good night, sir! ;)

The List

Took a few days off to clear my head. Came back to "The List". At first I was disgusted....but as I read on I started to laugh.....so thanks for that.

Upvote 0
What leads you to say that? I can't wait until December.

Despite the Bionic just dropping Motorola is still behind one big release so it may drop in November due to contractual obligations and that would POSSIBLY push the i515 into December.

All just 100% pure speculation but something to consider as a POSSIBLE scenario.

see above.............

Upvote 0
Took a few days off to clear my head. Came back to "The List". At first I was disgusted....but as I read on I started to laugh.....so thanks for that.

That was the exact reaction I was going for!

STEP 1:
your-reputation.jpg

STEP 2:

jijik-%28estatevaults%29-dalam.jpg

STEP 3:

recette-grand-mere.jpg

STEP 4:

AX37PH.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones