• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 best sites for the black friday ads is bfads.net and gottadeal.com trust me im there alot to distract me from waiting impatiently for this phone!

I believe I have used them both in the past. My girlfriend is the shopping machine when it comes to this stuff. She can figure out what to get, where in the store it will be and how long it should take to get it and get out. She usually has things timed to perfection too. Odd thing, she HATES shopping. lol

Upvote 0
Enjoy your ICS update as a Christmas 2012 present.....if you're lucky.

Samsung does a fine job of updating phones overseas. Just like they do a fine job of releasing new tech quickly overseas.

Ask yourself what the constant is...they fail in the US, because the carriers in this country are ridiculous and impossible to deal with.

Reactions: kcs7272
Upvote 0
<------ waits for Cyber Monday and does his shopping in relative peace and quiet :)

This is my wife's method. Never a morning person she is up early on Cyber Monday. Shopping from home with a cup of coffee suits her well.

I used to work at Walmart and Black Fridays were actually quite entertaining. Getting to work at 3:30am was not always fun though.

Upvote 0
This is my wife's method. Never a morning person she is up early on Cyber Monday. Shopping from home with a cup of coffee suits her well.

I used to work at Walmart and Black Fridays were actually quite entertaining. Getting to work at 3:30 was not always fun though.

We do Cyber Monday too. There are usually different deals though.

Upvote 0
<------ waits for Cyber Monday and does his shopping in relative peace and quiet :)

you can do almost all of your black friday shopping online now. last year i was up at 3am sure but in my warm home watching tv and ordering. sure i miss the other crazy people in line at times cause everyone there just gets along great just hanging out seeing what eachother goes for. but the thing that sucks most is waiting hours in temps that are in the mid 20s.!

Upvote 0
I'm not interested in the HTC Edge. All of the hardware in the world doesn't help me if it's crippled by the software. By having a development phone like a Nexus, I get access to the stock software, as well as an unlocked bootloader and an easy way to root it so that I can put on the software that I want.

When phones become like laptops and Android is like desktop Windows where I can purchase the phone, wipe it, and install a fresh OS to my specifications, then I'll care about the best hardware. But for right now, I upgrade when there's a hardware jump over what I own to entice me, and the software is right for my needs.

Cyanogenmod isn't an option, even if HTC's phones have traditionally had that support. Gingerbread came out it December 2010, and CM7.1 landed on October 9/10 (depending on your phone). That was the first official release that was truly stable and feature complete, as 7.0.3 had some legitimate issues. Even the CM team is nearly a version behind on Android.

Upvote 0
You think so? What are the boot times of current-gen devices?
My TP2's boot time is at least 2 or 3 minutes, and it runs slowly for a few minutes after that, so anything's an improvement :rolleyes:

CK stated in his Razr review that it had a 20-25 sec. boot time...:rolleyes:

IF that is the case then 40 seconds would be a fail....but who knows right?

Upvote 0
I believe I have used them both in the past. My girlfriend is the shopping machine when it comes to this stuff. She can figure out what to get, where in the store it will be and how long it should take to get it and get out. She usually has things timed to perfection too. Odd thing, she HATES shopping. lol

yea some people def in it for the sport of it for the catch. i was 3rd in line once at target for a tv and the line was insanely long but yet people roll up 5 mins before they open roll down their window and say what time do they open? and if ur in the cold to long ur replies go "im not sure im just here to fill a prescription." haha

Upvote 0
Just posted tis on the Verizon Facebook wall. Verizon Wireless - Wall | Facebook

"Can you give us a release date for the Galaxy Nexus? It's been almost 3 weeks since Google announced the phone and we still have nothing. There are a lot of Verizon customers who want this phone and we're getting frustrated."

My next step is to tell them that Hans is considering suicide..... JK!

Upvote 0
Just posted tis on the Verizon Facebook wall. Verizon Wireless - Wall | Facebook

"Can you give us a release date for the Galaxy Nexus? It's been almost 3 weeks since Google announced the phone and we still have nothing. There are a lot of Verizon customers who want this phone and we're getting frustrated."

My next step is to tell them that Hans is considering suicide..... JK!

Maybe if you told them HanSolo is leaving for AT&T they would worry Lucas would pull the license for "Droid".

Reactions: Ninja Monkey
Upvote 0
if the SGN gets pushed back into December, even early December, I just might say screw it and wait for the Quadcore phones. It's not me always waiting for the next best phone around the corner, its me being upset at the needless delays of getting quality high phones from Verizon.

I was hoping to get the GalaxySII back in June for VZW, now months later im waiting for the SGN that keeps getting delayed, and the only real improvement is the screen and that it has LTE. I might just buy a used Droid Charge to hold me over abit

Reactions: bradm77
Upvote 0
P3Droid P3Droid
So weight of nexus feels good not as light as my charge..I don't like the back flexible cover.
--------------------
Flexible back cover???

P3Droid P3Droid
I do live the 30 sec boot time...
1 minute ago

Great. He freely gives us info we don't ask for, and ridicules us when we ask about the things we care for.

Although the flexible part IS interesting...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones