• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks it's more than a little pathetic that a bunch of people couldn't wait for an official announcement and thought it was reasonable and appropriate to scream and holler and harass Verizon employees?

That doesn't strike anyone else as childish and selfish?

No?

I agree the emails were unnecessary. But I have no problem with the twitter blast.

Plus: It brought tears to Steven's eyes (or at least the thought of them). How can you say anything that does that is a bad thing ;)

Reactions: snowmancomic
Upvote 0
It was nothing other than a bunch of people being impatient. Look for Nov 10th to be the day ;)

Possible, but my guess is Google/Samsung would have LIKED to announce US carrier in at least SOME way even if they couldn't say date of any kind.

"We have this AWESOME phone for you, BUT have NO CLUE who might carry it!"

Not really a good thing, particularly in the USA where almost EVERYONE relies on subsidy for a new device. I think the general announcement is fine for countries where lots buy unlocked phones anyhow as you KNOW those will come to market. This aspect is what I HATE about Verizon. I'm still curious if they will allow us to use industry standard unlocked random world LTE phones once they are 100% LTE??

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who thinks it's more than a little pathetic that a bunch of people couldn't wait for an official announcement and thought it was reasonable and appropriate to scream and holler and harass Verizon employees?

That doesn't strike anyone else as childish and selfish?

No?

who yelled and screamed?:thinking:

they give you the social media pages and email addresses so you can contact them for whatever reason you wish... there are no rules in providing those pages to their customers, so people can ask what they wish as it pertains to their service

Upvote 0
The moment of truth has arrived...an official announcement. That wasn't so hard now was it? Let the celebrations begin.....

This thread was truly epic. What fun I had. Thanks for the digs, kicks and licks.

and remember..................Hans

If you wouldn't mind answering one question for me....I know you don't owe me any favors but I have been wondering this for some time.

Now that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is going to be carried on the Verizon 4G LTE network....are you going to commit to actually purchasing this device, or will you bail and wait for something else?

Upvote 0
am i correct in assuming this means it will indeed be a subsidized handset and not only available at full retail?

Do you mean this part?

Customers that purchase the Galaxy Nexus by Samsung smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

I don't know how you cats roll in Verizonland (been a while for me) - but fwiw, Sprint requires that sort of thing on all phones, subsidized or not.

So - there's some sharp analysts here: typical or atypical announcement paragraph?

Upvote 0
Sorry you guys already have all the best Android handsets. I feel no sorrow for you :p

LOL

The HSPA/GSM model is Pentaband though. Who care? AT&T and T-Mo are good to go regardless, unless you HAVE to use a subsidy. Even then can buy a similar cost phone and e-bay and buy the Unlocked nexus. Oh how I wish VZW device freedom was the same as AT&T.

Upvote 0
Why did we wait so long to assault Verizon on twitter?

Maybe it took a while because there are a large number of mature adults waiting for this phone that didn't feel it necessary to publicly harass a company as if these people knew a single thing about the release schedule or Verizon's reasons for not announcing it yet?

Really too bad that people think this kind of behavior is remotely reasonable.

Upvote 0

they give you the social media pages and email addresses so you can contact them for whatever reason you wish... there are no rules in providing those pages to their customers, so people can ask what they wish as it pertains to their service

That's right! Internet is not regulated for a reason!!!! Haha!

Upvote 0
You've never seen Star Wars? ANY of them??? (There are 6 of them now, although many would maintain that Episode I doesn't count :p )

Whatcha waiting for? :thinking:

Correct, none of them. Waiting to have someone to watch with.

The breaking news made my panties twist....in the good way

Upvote 0
If you wouldn't mind answering one question for me....I know you don't owe me any favors but I have been wondering this for some time.

Now that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is going to be carried on the Verizon 4G LTE network....are you going to commit to actually purchasing this device, or will you bail and wait for something else?
EXCELLENT question and it's no problem you asking me it.

Since the announcement of the RAZR and the Nexus I've taken a step back and analyzed both devices. I'm leaning heavily towards the RAZR right now and just may pick it up on the 27th. That may or may not change. I'll monitor the Nexus and make my decision by October 27th.

Upvote 0

This is the last I have to say on the subject:

Just because you have their contact information doesn't mean it's appropriate or reasonable to organize a mass campaign harassing them about a topic you know NOTHING about. What if they didn't announce it because there were flaws that they were working on and they didn't want to lead people on by announcing a phone that was still a month out? What if they were having trouble with manufacturing and couldn't get enough inventory and were holding off on the announcement until they had sufficient stock?

This is ridiculous. I don't orchestrate an email campaign to the personal email addresses or public social media pages of Toyota because I want next year's model released early. Is everyone not adult enough to wait until the product is ready?

That's it, I'm done with this line of discussion because it could very easily turn personal. I just think it was in very poor taste.

Upvote 0

Agreed. Verizon higher ups should probably get e-mail and tweet assaults like that MORE than they do if anything. Refer to my open device article link earlier and then look up why Moto says RAZR is locked up like Fort Knox. The PR lengths they goto to manipulate all variety of their image while MANY of us know the real Verizon is just ridiculous.

Reactions: BLD
Upvote 0
Maybe it took a while because there are a large number of mature adults waiting for this phone that didn't feel it necessary to publicly harass a company as if these people knew a single thing about the release schedule or Verizon's reasons for not announcing it yet?

Agree.

I don't pretend to know the factors here (already stated my opinion in agreement with you) - but if we learned anything about pressuring HTC to drop their bootloader game it was this:

If you want to rattle a big corporation with an entrenched viewpoint - put up a web petition and get word of that petition out. Not Facebook, not twitter - a dedicated petition site.

Ours had voting to it via twitter or Facebook - and the main thing was, the press could refer to one place, with comments, to verify the community pulse, and not deal with who said what on twitter or who thought who thought what.

Fossil record of just numbers and a place for user-created sound-bites - creates a PR nightmare if they don't respond.

Worked for us with HTC - just saying.

Agreed. Verizon higher ups should probably get e-mail and tweet assaults like that MORE than they do if anything.

Respectfully suggest we all stop and consider what is truly won if that expands until email servers are taken down and people can't do their jobs.

News headline:

Company can't handle enthusiastic response!

Or:

Impatient fringe group attacks corporation!

I don't know the answers, but I think that is maybe a good question.

Upvote 0

While I understand your logic, sometimes it is necessary. This is precisely what people do to the government when they are not doing what they want. They call, text, and even march to get their voice heard. I think in this case with all the disinformation going around, people just wanted Verizon to know that they did indeed care that this phone came out on their network. They want to stay on Verizon and with a great phone this will insure they will be there for at least 2 more years. JM2C

Reactions: BLD
Upvote 0
I'm not rolling the credits, as yet, obviously, but I think as we celebrate, we really should thank a few folks who helped us through anxious moments:

1. Our source. THANK YOOOOOOOOU!!!!!! (You saved many a nervous breakdown!!!) :) :
  2. Vz_Wired (Who used to stop in occasionally to tell us we'd be very happy and to keep our shirts on. :)
  3. Some of our very own anonymous members who leaked info to us. Thank yooou! :D

Upvote 0

Edit: I'm not going to carry this any further and you already said you were done. No point in commenting further.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones