• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories [OFFICIAL] HTC Incredible Accessories Archive Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree 100%.

I don't care if the battery makes the back of my phone looks like Lemmy from Motorhead, as long as I can get through an entire day of heavy use without having to disable everything on the phone.

Those battery life saving threads are great and I appreciate the effort put into them, but why the hell would you buy this phone if you are just going to turn off all the G.D. features that are the reason you bought the thing to begin with?

then I wouldnt buy this battery. Wait for the 3500mah from Seidio.

Upvote 0
Something I noticed this morning that surprised me but made sense I guess. For the first time, I charged the seidio battery in the phone rather than in the desktop charger. And voila, when I unplugged it the battery started at 99% and then dropped to 92% with one call and couple emails.

That was the same problem I had with charging the oem in the phone! Needless to say I wasn't happy so I pulled the oem charger off the desktop charger and put in the phone. And for the first time ever it showed a 100% charge and stayed there for 30 minutes before dropping to 99%.

So the moral of the story appears to be that the desk charger will give you a better charge than plugging in the phone. At least for me.

In order to obtain the full capacity of your seidio batteries, Seidio recommends that you leave the battery/your phone on the charger for an additional 2-3 hours after the charging indicator turns green or the battery status shows full.

Thanks

Seidio

Upvote 0
In order to obtain the full capacity of your seidio batteries, Seidio recommends that you leave the battery/your phone on the charger for an additional 2-3 hours after the charging indicator turns green or the battery status shows full.

Thanks

Seidio

Just curious what the logic is behind this. LiOn batteries have circuitry inside that prevents the battery from "overcharging" and "full drainage" .... dont get me wrong, i charge the phone while i sleep so its plugged in for at least 7 hours ... but not sure what leaving it in the charger after it has been fully charged is really gunna do for you

Upvote 0
Just curious what the logic is behind this. LiOn batteries have circuitry inside that prevents the battery from "overcharging" and "full drainage" .... dont get me wrong, i charge the phone while i sleep so its plugged in for at least 7 hours ... but not sure what leaving it in the charger after it has been fully charged is really gunna do for you

Possible that it does a final trickle charge.

IIRC, LiPolymer is very fast in charging to 90% but extremely slow to finish the last 10%. It could be possible that the phone will indicate a complete charge at 90% since the last 10% takes an extremely long time to complete.

Upvote 0

I'm no expert, and I know there are some experts here, but I imagine it's a combination of ensuring the battery meter is properly calibrated and getting it fully charged/trickle charging.

Upvote 0
Possible that it does a final trickle charge.

IIRC, LiPolymer is very fast in charging to 90% but extremely slow to finish the last 10%. It could be possible that the phone will indicate a complete charge at 90% since the last 10% takes an extremely long time to complete.

That would probably explain why the battery jumps from 100% to 90% in a matter of minutes.

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone ordering. Although they put me through to a different number:

888-216-4736 then Option 1

14.99 Total.

And to answer bucwylde23, yes...I got an email almost immediately. No tracking # but an order #. I don't think a tracking # would be generated until its actually shipped.

Thanks, I just called them to make sure and they sent me the e-mail. Can't wait to get this.

Upvote 0
I did the same thing, mine was perfect. I even waited overnight to put the case on.
NOw one side is all messed up when I tried to take the case off to put in a new memory card. I'm waiting for my replacement from Zagg.

I'm probably going to just ditch the case and use the screen protector + the nexus one sleeve I ordered from HTC this morning.

I'm wondering if the sleeve wouldn't also cause the corners to peal up after a while though. My Body Glove case works well with the screen protector (though it is bulky) because it snaps onto the front; I wonder if other case makers have the same snap on front but offer a thinner case?

The silicone cover also pulled the back of the phone cover off when I tried to get it off. Again, nice case and all, and if it worked with the Zagg I'd probably keep it but it doesn't so I'll hold off and deal with the BodyGlove until other cases come out.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if the sleeve wouldn't also cause the corners to peal up after a while though. My Body Glove case works well with the screen protector (though it is bulky) because it snaps onto the front; I wonder if other case makers have the same snap on front but offer a thinner case?

The silicone cover also pulled the back of the phone cover off when I tried to get it off. Again, nice case and all, and if it worked with the Zagg I'd probably keep it but it doesn't so I'll hold off and deal with the BodyGlove until other cases come out.

Yep, I HATE taking the case off. It's a struggle to take it off without ripping the battery cover off with it.

Upvote 0
That would probably explain why the battery jumps from 100% to 90% in a matter of minutes.

My experience has been that even after being left on the charger for several hours after the charge is "complete" it still drops quickly from 99 to 90. Usually within 30 minutes with little or no use. My experience may vary but I get the distinct feeling that the phone just doesn't charge the battery fully. Ever. Not a scientific finding, just saying.

As far as swapping batteries, I've been doing it for years with Blackberries so its not a big deal. I don't like to plug my phone in every night because I'm just wary of the repetitive strain on the usb ports. Probably just being anal, but....

And yes I'm still in the meeting and yes it does speak to both my lust for this phone and the state of the modern meeting! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones