• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
had to come out of lurking for this one.... :) thank you all for the great info...

The manual doesn't mention anything about BlueTooth voice dialing.
anyone can confirm if that's supported?

also, i see that it supports 1 button speed dialing and has a FM tuner...two things i wanted from the Driod....:D

All android phones support speed dial. Add a direct dial shortcut to your homescreen for whatever contacts you choose. Youu can also add direct message shortcuts to.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry but if you need more than 512Mb for applications then you need to go out and buy a PSP. I've barely used 1/4th of the space on my Moto Droid for application and I've got everything I could ever want/need.

also - apps can't be stored to SD yet, but some apps do store their larger files (pics, sound files, etc) on the SD card as to not hog all the device memory. the specs are fine and shouldn't be a problem.

Upvote 0
If all you want is a phone, then 512MB is fine. Or get a cheap free phone.

These aren't really phones. They're powerful personal mobile computers that are connected to the internet all the time that can make phone calls too. The potential of applications is limitless... unless you run out of room for them.

Imagine having a home PC with your 500GB or 1TB drive, but be restricted to storing apps only in 512MB. You'd quickly run out of room. No one would take it seriously.
Wth are you talking about, what application do you need on a daily bases that is OVER 512Mb or even 5Mb. How many applications do you honestly need installed 24x7 that take that much space? Please elaborate on these applications that need ever so much space for such a mission critical project.

Upvote 0
Did anyone see that backup assistant is available.

This is great news. I read it was a pain to transfer contacts on the Droid. You had to go to backup assistant and export the list to a file and then import it to your Google account.

I do not use Gmail and not sure I want to since I have my own ISP email I can use so this would have been a pain.

Good to hear they have intergrated it with the Incredible.

Upvote 0
Ya I don't think he realizes that a lot of the apps are 100k lol. i know this because I checked it out on my brothers moto droid. A game will probably be around 5MB's at most. that's what? 100 games.... You really need 101 games? lol!

Wth are you talking about, what application do you need on a daily bases that is OVER 512Mb or even 5Mb. How many applications do you honestly need installed 24x7 that take that much space? Please elaborate on these applications that need ever so much space for such a mission critical project.

Upvote 0
All android phones support speed dial. Add a direct dial shortcut to your homescreen for whatever contacts you choose. Youu can also add direct message shortcuts to.

yeah I knew about the shortcuts, i had the Driod for a month. but i wanted to be able to press one button on the keypad to dial a contact. never seen this done an andriod device w/o getting an app for it. and the ones i've tried wasnt good....

Upvote 0
It's not listed in the UG though. As great as this thread is, rumors won't satisfy my curiosity...

I think the phone may come with an 8GB microSD card not internal memory. If it came with 8GB of internal then the specs would show it.

Feel free to actually read the thread and then discuss your concerns with the people that have actually used the phone.

Upvote 0
Eventually games will get larger. I have an Ipod Touch and some games are well over 100MBs.

The only thing that is important to the install is the size of the app. Games are larger than 100k because of resources (sounds, graphics, etc). Those do not have to be installed in the same location as the app.

There are already large apps on the android market place that are at least 2gb and work on everyone phone (provided you had a SD card that was big enough).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones