• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he say turned it over there but commericals.

He was on there for just a couple of minutes. I just happened to be listening to XM's simulcast as he came on right after Sprint's head of tech. Pretty much only commented on what he referred to as the LT 4G technology that Verizon is launching this year to 1/3 of the country, covering 100 million of the US population.

First device utilizing 4G for VZW will be from Ericcson.

Key thing is that she pressed him on the iPhone 4G. He laughed for a little bit and then said "he couldn't comment on Apple at this time," and quickly dropped a plug for Android and RIM.

Reactions: lrossnm and atmn77
Upvote 0
This is so off topic but too good to not post:

A bunch of my friends are Mets fans so...

For Halloween this year I borrowed their gear (hat, jersey, etc) and then I wore a Hangman's noose around my neck with a sign "First Aid for Choking" on my front, and "Step-by-Step Directions to Perform the Heimlich Maneuver" on my back.

Got some great reactions.
THAT'S IT!! Why are you hating the Mets on this Forum? And Why are you all so pessimistic of them, They're not the NETS?....I know they're certainly not the JETS, but They're a nice medium, and that's just an honest asessment.

Upvote 0
Regarding the EVO, Sprint and Verizon.....thought you guys would find this interesting. An excerpt from the CTIA keynote going on right now via Engadget....

read from bottom to top....

"9:38AM "We could always add other technologies later, but it let us get to market faster."

9:38AM "LTE will most likely be the larger of the 4G standards, but for us, we couldn't wait."

9:38AM "In essence, it was time to market. WiMAX was tried, true, tested, working technology. We could go 4G now, or wait for other technologies."

9:37AM "Why did Sprint choose WiMAX as its 4G technology?"

9:37AM "One of the reasons we moved to 4G is because we could. We had the spectrum position. My predecessors had the foresight" to load up on the spectrum they'd need."

Upvote 0
Regarding the EVO, Sprint and Verizon.....thought you guys would find this interesting. An excerpt from the CTIA keynote going on right now via Engadget....

read from bottom to top....

"9:38AM "We could always add other technologies later, but it let us get to market faster."

9:38AM "LTE will most likely be the larger of the 4G standards, but for us, we couldn't wait."

9:38AM "In essence, it was time to market. WiMAX was tried, true, tested, working technology. We could go 4G now, or wait for other technologies."

9:37AM "Why did Sprint choose WiMAX as its 4G technology?"

9:37AM "One of the reasons we moved to 4G is because we could. We had the spectrum position. My predecessors had the foresight" to load up on the spectrum they'd need."

I was watching that too :)

Upvote 0
Key thing is that she pressed him on the iPhone 4G. He laughed for a little bit and then said "he couldn't comment on Apple at this time," and quickly dropped a plug for Android and RIM.

Am I the only person who's sick of the "iPhone on Verizon" that just constantly won't stop since it's come out?

THAT'S IT!! Why are you hating the Mets on this Forum? And Why are you all so pessimistic of them, They're not the NETS?....I know they're certainly not the JETS, but They're a nice medium, and that's just an honest asessment.

I just wouldn't make any bets.

Reactions: Sensei Passion
Upvote 0

Sorry haha, all in good fun. I'm a Bills fan so I think I've earned the leeway there (also yankees fan). But I'll stop here cause I feel a "these are not about the incredible post coming."

So for everyone else:

Are there any major press conferences or events scheduled for today involving either verizon or htc (I assume no because we haven't heard).

Upvote 0
Why didn't anyone bring this up before?! This could mean that the phone won't be out until the fall! Maybe not even announced until July!

How much will Verizon knock off my ETF for each month I'm on contract? I got the $175 one, before they jacked up the price.

That doesn't mean that won't release the phone much earlier, just that that's the date, that it should be released for absolutely sure.

Upvote 0
Even if it's coming in a few weeks, that doesn't mean it HAS to be announced at CTIA. Look at VZW's track record re equipment.

Kyler posted yesterday that there may be no announcement at CTIA, we might get some scattered crumbs of info over the next few weeks, and then some press-release out of the blue that announces the device, and that it is available a few days later. Given VZW's appearant SOP, this may very well be right on.

Based upon what we know from the testers, this phone is pretty much final. The phone has also passed FCC. Given that LTE is rolling out this year, and we will likely see LTE devices next year, why would VZW wait until the end of 2010 to push this phone out?

We've got the run around about this phone and 2.1 for months now. People keep giving dates and they are always wrong. It's a great device but by the time they decide to finally throw it out there for us we'll know of a much better phone coming a month or two later. Sure we have pictures, sure we find new pictures, sure there's new rumors every week, but in the end it's the same as the Verizon iphone rumors.
We literally have 0 legit info other than photos to go on.

Reactions: Sensei Passion
Upvote 0
He was on there for just a couple of minutes. I just happened to be listening to XM's simulcast as he came on right after Sprint's head of tech. Pretty much only commented on what he referred to as the LT 4G technology that Verizon is launching this year to 1/3 of the country, covering 100 million of the US population.

First device utilizing 4G for VZW will be from Ericcson.

she also suggested he had a android phone in his pocket but did not give him time to respond with more than a yes (i think he said yes) anyway he did not show one she was a little fast with the questions He may have thought (whew) dfon't have to through the Droidnauts a bone just yet. anyways we came up snake . eyes on his interview 4 now alls i can say is "stay frosty" maybe he was'nt allowed to still the thunder. PS not to be associated with my 9530 which is only a drissle Cheers.

Reactions: greggds
Upvote 0
Just an FYI, the CDMA N1 confidentiality agreement expires April 30th.

Thanks, that's nice to know.

I know it's been discussed before, but can we rehash some of the info we have concerning FCC files?

IIRC, we've seen FCC passage to release times as short as 2 weeks?

Did we ever discuss how long these time periods can reach? Or an average time period?

When exactly did the incredible pass FCC?

When exactly did the CDMA N1 pass FCC?

Upvote 0
Why didn't anyone bring this up before?! This could mean that the phone won't be out until the fall! Maybe not even announced until July!

How much will Verizon knock off my ETF for each month I'm on contract? I got the $175 one, before they jacked up the price.
I highly doubt it, the Nexus One that was released January 3rd? has a confidentiality date of the end of April if I remember right and it's been out since January.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones