• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet you said it yourself, its on the Droid. So they left it on the one they had a huge advertising campaign for but took it off the newer one coming out? Also when I had a Droid I don't remember VZ Navigator being under the Verizon category in the App Market.
It'll be there if not there already.

HAHA...that was a major mental breakdown...my apologies...I totally forgot the droid is verizon, idk how that happened. I guess i should stop worrying about car home them. Wow, i gotta concentrate on work now lol

Upvote 0
Not sure if this has been noticed yet, but I was looking through the original Incredible Leaked video and I found that the splash screen wasn't the only place where Verizon could be found....when he pulled down the message bar I froze the video.

Very nice find.

Was thinking about rumored Incredible RAM at 256 MB when an image of my ancient Mac popped into my head and that's when the lightbulb went off. When said Mac was faltering with it's 256 MB RAM, I popped a 512 chip in the second slot for 768 total so that I could get another year or so out of it.

What if the Incredible really has 768 MB RAM? I haven't the slightest idea if cellphone and PC architecture are similar so maybe this line of thought is rubbish. Is it possible to hide hardware specifics from users of test units?

But, 768 MB RAM....that would be Incredible.

Upvote 0
Yup... time to get ready for a whole slew of "There's a patent for that..." Iphone commercial spoofs on YouTube. :eek:

No doubt. Ef Apple. They're just trying to take their ball and go home. It's now clear to them that the iPhone's reign of smart phone supremacy is ending courtesy of Android. They should stop with the bs litigation and go whine to someone who want's to hear it; I know that iDon't.

Upvote 0
hmm.. seems like apple is getting a little nervous and jerky. good sign for us. it must mean we FINALLY have some kick@ss products hitting the verizon network.

makes you think apple shoulda figured out a way to play NICE with verizon. an iPhone on verizon would have RULED. emphasis on "would have".

Upvote 0
Im over the HTC Incredible. Im waiting for phones to come out after the iPhone 4G so ill know its better. I heard the next iPhone is getting a Super AMOLED display. The incredible has only the normal AMOLED which has terrible color issues and not very legible in sunlight. I can also guarantee the next iPhone is gonna have a pretty dam good camera thats most likely gonna be HD. HTC is has terrible cameras on their phones

Upvote 0
Im over the HTC Incredible. Im waiting for phones to come out after the iPhone 4G so ill know its better. I heard the next iPhone is getting a Super AMOLED display. The incredible has only the normal AMOLED which has terrible color issues and not very legible in sunlight. I can also guarantee the next iPhone is gonna have a pretty dam good camera thats most likely gonna be HD. HTC is has terrible cameras on their phones

Dude, You are in the wrong part of town!

Upvote 0
hmm.. seems like apple is getting a little nervous and jerky. good sign for us. it must mean we FINALLY have some kick@ss products hitting the verizon network.

makes you think apple shoulda figured out a way to play NICE with verizon. an iPhone on verizon would have RULED. emphasis on "would have".

I agree with you. I think big things are coming for VZW and this is the tip of the ice berg. As for an iPhone on VZW, yeah I think it would have been big, and could still make big waves if it ever happens. Emphasis on ever lol

Upvote 0

I would rather have a lower quality screen and lower quality camera with the ability to customize and multitask.

Apple's Third Reich mentality needs to cease.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this has been noticed yet, but I was looking through the original Incredible Leaked video and I found that the splash screen wasn't the only place where Verizon could be found....when he pulled down the message bar I froze the video.

I know that people have already noticed that the video shooter had a sprint shirt on, but when he's panning his camera back and forth, you can see that one of the stools there has the sprint logo on it's back.....It's still a wonder why this sprint employee got a hold of the Incredible.

Upvote 0

Then you can just bend over to Steve Jobs and take it...I would HATE to buy a smartphone and not be able to customize it the way I want

Upvote 0

Personally, the sunlight thing isn't a big deal.. I don't walk around in direct sunlight texting (or soon to be surfing the web). As for cell phone cameras, they never seem to be all that amazing. It's a cell phone... If I am gonna get a portable device to take pictures or film then I'm probably gonna get something else.. Oh yeah a camera or video flip or something :cool:

The iPhone 4g will most likely be a nice piece of equipment. Is it going to be something that TOTALLY blows every other cell phone away or something that makes me HAVE to get it? Probably not. Doubt it. Maybe when it first launched it was like that, because nothing else came close, but other Handset makers are upping their game. Getting smarter. More creative. Sure new things will come out and be developed, but I think a lot of people forget the network. That is equally important if not more. Especially with LTE on the horizon. What good is a stellar cell phone if you can't connect to the web, drop calls, and can't send txt messages. Then I guess you have a stellar paper-weight. People are gonna want a quality phone on a reliable and fast network. As consumers we shouldn't have to choose between the 2 and it seems like Verizon is on path to offer both.

Upvote 0
I know that people have already noticed that the video shooter had a sprint shirt on, but when 's panning his camera back and forth, you can see that one of the stools there has the sprint logo on it's back.....It's still a wonder why this sprint employee got a hold of the Incredible.

Also why it looks like that *hit was shot in an apartment living room. It was like a Sprint safe house lol. You heard a lot of voices in the background, but it didn't look like a store at all. Maybe he steals cell phone stuff and decorates his apartment and has cocktail parties, haaaaa

Upvote 0
I found a weird image of the camera on the Desire that I haven't seen on other versions. It has an orange/red ring around the camera. Maybe this is that color on the Incredible? Probably not, but anything other than mentioning Apple.
V4J620100302083809.jpg

6PD220100302084248.jpg

Upvote 0
I found a weird image of the camera on the Desire that I haven't seen on other versions. It has an orange/red ring around the camera. Maybe this is that color on the Incredible? Probably not, but anything other than mentioning Apple.
V4J620100302083809.jpg

Look at the speaker... Its red behind it. Looks like a case put over a red back... Maybe the Desire had a red back too (for a test unit) and then they put a black cover over it to finish the phone off...

Upvote 0
Then you can just bend over to Steve Jobs and take it...I would HATE to buy a smartphone and not be able to customize it the way I want

I never said I was gonna get an iPhone. I hate iPhone OS its so limited and shitty. I said im gonna wait till another phone comes out AFTER the iPhone cause I know it will want to compete with the iPhone 4G and surpass it.

Upvote 0
Personally, the sunlight thing isn't a big deal.. I don't walk around in direct sunlight texting (or soon to be surfing the web). As for cell phone cameras, they never seem to be all that amazing. It's a cell phone... If I am gonna get a portable device to take pictures or film then I'm probably gonna get something else.. Oh yeah a camera or video flip or something :cool:

The iPhone 4g will most likely be a nice piece of equipment. Is it going to be something that TOTALLY blows every other cell phone away or something that makes me HAVE to get it? Probably not. Doubt it. Maybe when it first launched it was like that, because nothing else came close, but other Handset makers are upping their game. Getting smarter. More creative. Sure new things will come out and be developed, but I think a lot of people forget the network. That is equally important if not more. Especially with LTE on the horizon. What good is a stellar cell phone if you can't connect to the web, drop calls, and can't send txt messages. Then I guess you have a stellar paper-weight. People are gonna want a quality phone on a reliable and fast network. As consumers we shouldn't have to choose between the 2 and it seems like Verizon is on path to offer both.

The sunlight thing might not be a big deal but the color issues and its overall brightness is. Ive seen comparisons of the Super OLED and the normal OLED and its a pretty big difference.Right now SOLED is the best thats out there and most likely will be for awhile cause screen tech doest advance that much. I want the best in my cellphone. There are cellphones that have amazing cameras on them, ones that could possibly replace your dedicated one. The Instinct HD takes great photos and great HD video besides its terrible frame rate. There are many phones out there that have very good cameras and im just asking preferably HTC to put a great camera in their next device.

I will never take a phone with no customization with amazing hard ware or a phone with amazing customization and crappy hardware. I want the best of both worlds in one phone. I will not accept one without the other.

One last thing. I need stereo speakers and not some crappy tiny mono pos that has terrible sound quality.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones