• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a weird image of the camera on the Desire that I haven't seen on other versions. It has an orange/red ring around the camera. Maybe this is that color on the Incredible? Probably not, but anything other than mentioning Apple.
V4J620100302083809.jpg

I'm thinking those must be pre-production models, cause all of the pictures from MWC show gray where the red is in these pictures, hopefully they'll take notes for the incredible and do away with the burnt orange back plate.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking those must be pre-production models, cause all of the pictures from MWC show gray where the red is in these pictures, hopefully they'll take notes for the incredible and do away with the burnt orange back plate.

I agree that I hope the whole back plate isn't red, but I have to say I do like that touch of red around the camera on these pictures. I wouldn't mind having that.

Upvote 0
I agree that I hope the whole back plate isn't red, but I have to say I do like that touch of red around the camera on these pictures. I wouldn't mind having that.

even if the phone comes out with the red/orange back plate I would get it and within a couple of ways/weeks we would have other back plate being sold in different colors online

Upvote 0
even if the phone comes out with the red/orange back plate I would get it and within a couple of ways/weeks we would have other back plate being sold in different colors online

Oh don't get me wrong, they could paint the back plate rainbow or electric pink and I'd go get the phone. I'm sure there will be other back plates that come. If not from HTC themselves than a 3rd party vendor will make money off changing the color.

Upvote 0
Well already I know the iPhone is gonna have Super OLED and I already know the Incredible has a normal AMOLED. I gotta have the best

I can't fault you for wanting the best!

As for the screen issues. If you mean or are refering to the ones the N1 was or is having.. I think I read somewhere, where that is part a software thing or something. Like an update could help fix that. I may be wrong though.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Nexus One's Screen is Gorgeous, But With Issues - PCWorld

check the last bullet point

"The Nexus One screen is great for text, icons, and menu graphics, but is "poor for images and awful for resolution scaling." According to DisplayMate, the screen has color and gray scale accuracy errors and image "noise," as seen in the following NASA photos. Again, this may be a result of software or firmware issues, rather than hardware issues."

I think displayMate takes it to the extreme. Most people love the screen and think stuff looks great. But if it is software or firmware then maybe there could be an update to fix the issues. I don't know if they are that big of a deal to that many people to begin with.

Upvote 0
yeah! Im pretty sure I read somewhere online, that, that could be fixed with a software upgrade.. Something about screen calibration possibly? Or contrast resolution adjust. I think that can and will be fixed in the future... Don't hold me to it though.

I just decided to read the comments on that site and alot of people agree its the software. Alrighty then but I still want a super oled cause YouTube - Samsung Super AMOLED screen technology look at 1:36 at how black that is

Upvote 0
I just decided to read the comments on that site and alot of people agree its the software. Alrighty then but I still want a super oled cause YouTube - Samsung Super AMOLED screen technology look at 1:36 at how black that is

That's fine man. I'm not hating on you lol. Get what YOU want. That's most important. No one is gonna get on your @ss about getting what you want. If that is something you want than go for it. For others (like me) it isn't as big of a deal or a dealbreaker I guess.. I mean man I have an enV2! Anything is gonna be a sweet upgrade for me lol

Upvote 0
Super AMOLED isn't all that much different from regular AMOLED. Even by the video you posted. The advantages of super AMOLED is that it's a bit brighter than regular AMOLED and that it has better viewing in direct sunlight.

Regular AMOLED is still stunning and the picture quality is still just as good as super AMOLED despite super AMOLED being a bit brighter.

Super AMOLED still does look better but it's nothing huge for me. Not enough to deter me from getting an already amazing phone. My main concerns are with the hardware inside.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones