• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official*** I just got the OTA and my battery is so much ______ (fill in the blank) -type thread.

Did the OTA change your battery life at all?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright everyone seems to be doing much better than I am with bat life. I just drained mine in 4.5 hrs. Not even constant use and I closed whatever i thought could be hogging the juice.

So, what's the best way to get a new one from verizon? Local store or cs?

Or should I wait a bit longer to see if it gets better on it's own?

Upvote 0
Alright everyone seems to be doing much better than I am with bat life. I just drained mine in 4.5 hrs. Not even constant use and I closed whatever i thought could be hogging the juice.

So, what's the best way to get a new one from verizon? Local store or cs?

Or should I wait a bit longer to see if it gets better on it's own?

Two things.

1. Apply the update and see if that helps.

2. give it a week or so, these batteries need a few cycles to get to full potential

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat, experiencing better battery life. The phone is registering proper levels now. That may explain why after rebootig the phone it would always show a higher reading. I'm much more satisfied, I really like to use the heck out of my device, am very pleased and imagining what a 1800 mAh or better battery will do.

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat, experiencing better battery life. The phone is registering proper levels now. That may explain why after rebootig the phone it would always show a higher reading. I'm much more satisfied, I really like to use the heck out of my device, am very pleased and imagining what a 1800 mAh or better battery will do.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Upvote 0
12 hours and just got to the orange battery(15%?). just plugged it in for the screen cap.

14wt5oj.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones