• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official "I will have my Droid X in my hands at such and such date" thread***

I live in a very poor reception area (read "sticks") as my service on the dinc in my office was always switching between 1x and 3g. it did not do that once today. The call quality is superior from the 10 or so calls i have made. on the dinc the caller on the other end sounded muddled, not so at all on the DX.

The speaker for incomming calls is EXTREMELY LOUD, like i posted earlier, it is near the volume of old Nextel Phones, you will not miss a call with this speaker.

The vibration during a incoming call is not that great, i do have it set to vibrate for texts and calls but the vibration is only so-so

I stand corrected, i thought the pages resized when zoomed but it appears they do not. i used my own website as an example and it did not resize to fit the screen after i zoomed in.. but when i did zoom in it was very clear

just loaded launcher pro and it is completely smooth now. probably will keep it loaded, there have been some nice changes since i last had it.

edit: just uninstalled, can not stand how touchy the app tray is. it kept trying to launch apps when i was scrolling. not a problem with stock app

Good to know another launcher helps. So the lag must be software related. No biggie. Launcher Pro or ADW will be the first thing I install.

Thank u for living in a bad reception area....lol This helps alot. This is all I wanted to know. Everything else is ...whatever. Diversity Antennas ftw.....

I'm getting this phone. No doubt about it now.

Upvote 0
WOW, the only other droid x on ebay went for over 1300 and the buyer had over 600 feedback, i got lucky as hell i guess.

People are ridiculous to spend 1300 on a cell phone IMO I mean that is crazy i would never see myself spending that to have something a few weeks early.

+1.

half that is still crazy.

Upvote 0
I am so jealous...lol...15th is still far away. Now, I know people have asked you about lag and all...are you running any kind of task killers? Or spare parts? Just wondering if that would help with lag...and lastly, try loading either ADW launcher or LauncherPro and let us know if that turns off the moto skin. Thank you!!! :)

P.S. I am a girl and hope this phone is not too big for me :D

Upvote 0
Nice. Sounds like it has potential. I'd be interested to find out more about the "washed out" screen thing... I was wondering if that's just because we're coming from our super-saturated Incredible AMOLEDs, or whether it was genuinely like that. I think the EVO had a similar look, but I was hoping for better color saturation from the Droid X, however, I must admit I probably wouldn't have even noticed the slightly more washed-out look of LCD screens if it wasn't for the Incredible!

All LCD screens will look washed out compared to a AMOLED. The EVO screen looks awful next to the Inc, but if you do not have them side by side, your eyes will adjust and "accept" the LCD screen after about 30 minutes.

If you then place the Inc next to the EVO, the EVO looks washed out again. It is the tech and how the pixels are activated by the light. AMOLED is more direct and LCD is indirect. The contrast also is part of the issue. LCD blacks are really more of a gray and AMOLED is a truer black, since the pixel is turned off. Can not turn the pixel off with LCD ;)

Upvote 0
what29,

Please check / consider the following:

1. Could you try the Flash 2.1 apk that is at XDA and see if it works?
2. Dolphin HD will take care of the lack of pages not fitting to screen.
3. What is the free app storage space out of the box?
4. Free media storage space out of the box?
5. Could you try task killer and see if that helps kill the lag?

My Inc also now has the muddy sound and voices dropping out (not the actual call), so I may take the plunge with X, unless an OTA fixes the call quality on the Inc.

Upvote 0
Not sure how to check if the bootloader is signed as i stated before.

Can not check free space out of the box as i already have apps loaded and am not undoing.

Loaded ADW and love it much more than launcherpro, very stable and fluid.

My goal today is to charge to 100% and test the battery. it was charging overnight but the laptop shut off and it quit charging at 70%. HOpefully we dont have to do the ole charge till green, unplug turn off and plug back in to get a full 100% like the Dinc. I will say this thing takes forever to charge, due to a larger battery i assume. I hade the sedio 1750 and HD2 1500 batteries in the Dinc and they did not take this long so who kows.

as far as pictures, i think i have a photobucket account, if so i will try and post some, not a huge forum picture poster but will try to figure out.

I will say i am pretty picky on phones and i have NO REGRETS and to anyone debating about switching from Dinc, it is a no brainer, as long as you can handle the size, which is great.

Rooted eris....firmware 1.2 update 1
model DROIDX
basebannd BP_C_01.09.01P
kernel 2.6.29 w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

anything else anyone wondering about?

Reactions: rootedEris
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones