• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Metro GSM device/network/Tmobile-ish discussion thread

OK.

I'm confused.

So I gander at the new L9 specs on Metro.com and they're SPLATTERING 4GLTE all over it.

Now, Metro has already told me on Faceplant that it's not a LTE phone. (And they meant it the logical way as in Real T-Mo 4GLTE.)

Now, yes, I know that T-Mo also "considers" HSPA+ as 4G.

But to say that a phone is 4GLTE when it only has HSPA+ is confusing to me.

I can see them saying it's 4G but to say it's LTE when it doesn't get those frequencies is damn confusling to this Jawja melon picker. :smokingsomb:

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
OK.

I'm confused.

So I gander at the new L9 specs on Metro.com and they're SPLATTERING 4GLTE all over it.

Now, Metro has already told me on Faceplant that it's not a LTE phone. (And they meant it the logical way as in Real T-Mo 4GLTE.)

I can see them saying it's 4G but to say it's LTE when it doesn't get those frequencies is damn confusling to this Jawja melon picker. :smokingsomb:

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I am sure they have f3 as well that thing has lte and they all seem to be color coordinated

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Upvote 0
OK.

I'm confused.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Yes that is confusing, fact is them calling HSPA 4G is confusing now and to say the phone has 4G LTE if/when in fact it can only get HSPA is flat out lying. Or a misprint which they need to correct pronto.:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Yes that is confusing, fact is them calling HSPA 4G is confusing now and to say the phone has 4G LTE if/when in fact it can only get HSPA is flat out lying. Or a misprint which they need to correct pronto.:smokingsomb:

Well I just bounced a cinder block of their foreheads yesterday for their press release not jibbbing (for 24 hrs) with their website.

Since I don't think their Faceplant is fully staffed on the weekend, I'll let them come up for air.

Right before I push their little head back under the water Monday morning with this LTE stuff. :rolleyes:;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
Anybody with the new GSM S3? I'm thinking of switching from the Motion to a GSM phone, and the S3 would probably suit my needs just fine since I've been happy with the Motion. My main concerns are building penetration (which sucks on Metro CDMA) and speed vs. the Motion/CDMA in general. I see some positive comments regarding these on the S4, would like to confirm it's the same on the GSM S3. Also root, there is one thread on rooting the new S3 in the device section and it seems that Motochopper works to root it, but some additional confirmation would be nice.
would you instead like to try the moto X?

Upvote 0
Hey I can not recall the thread that had questions about the 2g throttling,

I passed my 2.5gb mark and have been throttled on my phone, so doing some comparisons I have tried 4g lte, throttling is close to 100kbps, however upload times out frequently, I think the speed test is expecting quicker then its getting. then I tried hspa and got 119kbps down, and 110 up.

Then I put the phone into 2g mode only, and actually get the best results, 160kbps down and 130 up.

This is of course on t mobile but any gsm metro phone will be the same.

Upvote 0
You're asking that why?

Because its simlary speced chances are lower price and it will have the right band s so cheaper better (slightly) and may fits your needs add well as an s3 plus the colors it just seems like a Better choice to me
. Like the build quality the curves. I understand any hesitation due to the possible chance off its lock down. But at 350 32gb vs 399 for 16gb moto x everytime both 720 p but that near stock ui and that optimized tech and Motorola name with google backing just feels like a better choice to me

Upvote 0
Well it's not even out yet and it's unlikely Metro will be offering it any time soon. Who knows what an unlocked one will cost and if it will even be eligible for BYOD. I was actually looking at the F3 which may suit me just fine, the only thing I don't like is the limited storage.

There will be a TMobile model so it will work on metro you have motion might as well get a bigger one no shame in that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones