• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Ordered/I've got mine thread. :)

Are you going to buy the nexus 6?

• Yes! Take my money! (Off- Contract)

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • Yes! With carrier subsidy/payment plan

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • No - Was going to buy, but now out of my price range

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • No- Was not going to buy

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters
You need to put them in the right directory, and then they'll show up for selection.

/storate/emulated/0/Ringtones is the directory from a file manager, or if you plug in to your computer's USB, it'll be the Ringtones directory from Internal Storage..
So putting it in a folder named ringtones in File commander app won't work.

Ringtones in place!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Glad to be back home in the land of the latest Nexus devices and final frontier developments. I have to apologize for throwing a fit when the specs/price came out back in October. Too large, too expensive, I said! Well today, I'm still going to have to get used to the size (especially hitting that space bar) but this phone screams like a new jet from Lockheed! And Holy Moly it is worth the money!

I just am so damn excited about this phone I had to post a picture of it in use!View attachment 79750

Attachments

• IMG_20150103_122813~2.jpg
    IMG_20150103_122813~2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Anyone know where to get the 64gb model? I have yet to be able to find one in stock anywhere.
My wife got me the 64 gb model with t-mobile she ordered it in November it was supposed to arrive by Christmas but apparently there were so many orders it got pushed out by two weeks, i am hoping it comes in this week in time for c.e.s

Upvote 0
Mine should be here any minute now, it's on the delivery vehicle. I'm ridiculously excited! I took advantage of the play store app mentioned on here to alert me when there was one available in stock. Worked a treat, an alarm went off and within a minute or two I had ordered my 64gb N6! They didn't stay available for long so very grateful to the app!

Upvote 0
Leaves warehouse 1/9 (2015!?)
32gb cloud white
From google. Wanted the 64 but I don't think those exist.
2 day shipping

I used a new card. I hope billing address / shipping addy has no issues. If all goes well, perhaps I will see it next Wednesday or Thursday. Will see...

Just checked and its pending. Shipping address is different then billing. I suspect this may be a problem? Will Google cancel my order?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ugh. My phone has sat in Memphis for more than 24 hours due to Motorola not dealing with the clearance issues. Just got notifications that the clearance issues have been dealt with. Also, got an email from Motorola saying that my device has shipped. Duh, FedEx told me that days ago.

My delivery date from FedEx was today by 10:30. Now it says it can't be calculated. My delivery date on my Motorola email said Monday. I'm betting Friday now that it's cleared the hurdles placed by Motorola not sending clearance info.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
My 64GB Midnight Blue Nexus 6 arrived today!

There is a difference between my 32GB White that I returned and the 64GB Midnight Blue that I received yesterday. There is a tramp stamp on the bottom of my 64GB that wasn't there in my 32GB along the bottom of the phone around the charging port.

It is the FCC ID and Looks like the Consumer Electronics logo.

Upvote 0
"Out for delivery"
We had a freak ice storm here last night, in fact it was so slick that I slipped on a sheet of ice getting out of the vehicle after work. Banged myself up a little, but nothing major. Since I was unsure if I was going to be home to get the device I had it shipped to an alt address where someone would be home to receive it for me. Then they would bring it to me.

With the ice, if the device is delivered (its UPS...), I probably will not get the device until at least tomorrow after work. No point of powering it up and such before I have time to sit with it and root and maybe un encrypt the device (since from what I have read, I need to wipe the device twice?). But at least that will give me a chance to do more research on the encryption aspect. Its an extra step that I need to be aware of.

Upvote 0
No point of powering it up and such before I have time to sit with it and root and maybe un encrypt the device (since from what I have read, I need to wipe the device twice?). But at least that will give me a chance to do more research on the encryption aspect. Its an extra step that I need to be aware of.
I would power it up and unlock it only. You can do that really quick, that's the only forced device wipe you'll ever be strongly suggested to do initially before loading any programs on a new Nexus. I was in the same boat, considering unencrypting the phone before doing anything further and to be completely honest, I wouldn't. It's probably like wasting time thinking if you'll want a 4K video feed piped to your 20 inch CRT monitor from yesteryear. Even with encryption set, the speed is SUPER fast. I use to think that my nexus 5 was fast, the nexus 6 runs laps around it.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0
I would power it up and unlock it only. You can do that really quick, that's the only forced device wipe you'll ever be strongly suggested to do initially before loading any programs on a new Nexus. I was in the same boat, considering unencrypting the phone before doing anything further and to be completely honest, I wouldn't. It's probably like wasting time thinking if you'll want a 4K video feed piped to your 20 inch CRT monitor from yesteryear. Even with encryption set, the speed is SUPER fast. I use to think that my nexus 5 was fast, the nexus 6 runs laps around it.

I wish there was a way to just root without the bootloader unlock like the N5 had for a while. I will probably run stock rooted like I am now. I do know I want the updates to be pushed before I root.

I guess I got the whole day to think about things
--
EDIT
It arrived! But still will not get it in hand until tomorrow

EDIT II
Ordered a soft and hard clear spigen case for the beast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones