• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Release Date Rumor Thread

Even though I already have an unlocked SGS II without any carrier branding, I'm going to buy this one from AT&T. Then I will be free to really do a lot of customizations to my original, without time constraints.

I have been enjoying this phone so much, I use it everyday. That's rare since I have a lot of other Androids, and I really like to switch between different models.

Having had this one for several weeks, it never ceases to amaze me that the newness has not worn off.

It's still such a fantastic phone.

Reactions: iron mongoose
Upvote 0
Interesting. Is it just me, or is there a serious lack of leaks and info for a release only a month away? I'm very hopeful regardless.
There's been a bit of behind the scenes politics that just about caused this deal to lose a blower belt...ha..ha..ha...

( example just for you drag racers :) )

That's why there has been radio silence. But I am happy to report the latest I have is that it is back on, and soon too...

Cheers

Upvote 0
Ohhh losing a blower belt is the worst! (My car actually uses a gear drive to drive a centrifugal supercharger) :)

Don't even get me started. As a very hard core ex-racer (three decades) I grew up in a Motorsports family, that "only" raced...

Karting
Drag racing
Sprint Cars
Formula Car Road Racing
Bonneville Salt Flats

My adrenalin skyrockets at the sights and sounds of racing.

Oh Heck Yeah.. don't get me started :)

Upvote 0
I was not looking forward to having an iphone looking gimmick. :)
Me either.... horrible :eek:

Hey thanks for posting the vid of you and your race car. A very impressive accomplishment! For those who have never drag raced, they have no idea just how challenging it is. I know, I will never forget my first time out. After getting staged my first impression was how wide and long the track looked... ha..ha...ha...wow, did that change once I was underway.

Cheers :)

Upvote 0
I'm still not regretting getting my GS2 from Norway. I like the centered home button with only one button to each side, but this is my first phone to be called "smart" so I'm not use to any 4 button layout that most androids have.

@forddna: Nice run. I love working on cars myself and even gave drag racing a try, but it was way too short a run for the time you had to wait and move through the line. I've moved to solo-2 for now and plan on some PDX runs and VIR and later on time trails once the car and my self meet the requirements for that. I don't really plan on any kind of wheel to wheel racing as I don't want someone else's mistake to cause me any grief.

Upvote 0
jasper, yeah, I guess we never actually said it outloud, but that's why it was mentioned 2.2 instead of 2.3 and tw 3.0 instead of 4.0. :)

Screech, that's cool. I like anything fast and on the edge. But drag racing allows for lots of competition, shit talking, rivalries, etc. It's a good fit for an overly competitive person like me. :)

BTW, my new website is up. Check it out: www.puddinracing.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones