• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Samsung Fascinate 2.2 Speculation Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saps, you post too much on these forums. I fear that it will soon consume your soul!!!
Consume? Already Consumed. Yeah and just wait till I put that new ROM on from xda... than there's Froyo. This is like the warm up routine :eek::p:rolleyes:
Besides every forum needs a :
images

***Application accepted***

I often see you here too post-midnight PST my friend

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's true, but you and I started out on here with a similar number and now you're almost to 1k posts!!! Holy smokes!! Although my few hundred posts would have never happened had these very impressive and high potential smartphones not been developed. Having such a huge community and a nice open phone OS helps the attraction to the Android ecosystem as well.

Devices like the Omnia and the Eris made me seriously consider wanting an iPhone if it ever hit verizon, or running a jailbroken one on T-Mobile when my VZ contract was up.

Glad I held out for some real devices.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's true, but you and I started out on here with a similar number and now you're almost to 1k posts!!! Holy smokes!! Although my few hundred posts would have never happened had these very impressive and high potential smartphones not been developed. Having such a huge community and a nice open phone OS helps the attraction to the Android ecosystem as well.

Devices like the Omnia and the Eris made me seriously consider wanting an iPhone if it ever hit verizon, or running a jailbroken one on T-Mobile when my VZ contract was up.

Glad I held out for some real devices.
Yeah, same here. Like you say I came here after I bought my SF to learn about it and tips and trick and everything else and Im here only because I own the SF. No SF and I know I'm not here. Its really kinda amazing how much I've learned in 3 weeks.
My brother has a jailbroken iphone on TMobile. He came up to WA in August and I got to play with it. I don't mind admitting some aspects of that thing are nice. But even in August and even after my NE2 came up and I was ready to get the DX, I said no wait and see this SF live and in person. On launch day I literally hadnt decided between DX and SF. I just went to the store knowing I'd get one [two thanks to BOGO] of them. Im glad I waited. Once I handled the SF I knew it was the one for me. The extended wait for Froyo is just one of those things. Unlike some people I dont get a new phone every few months. Im going to be on this SF at least till my next annual upgrade and quite frankly I have every intent of keeping it until I get a 4G/LTE [and that assumes a year from now that there is LTW coverage where I live; no LTE and I might as well just keep waiting for the next best phone]

Upvote 0
Optimism is good. I don't and won't use TW, I'm am LP gut. But boy oh boy I'm eager to play with Froyo

Me too. I hope we get it sooner, rather than later, like the rest of you.

With most things tech related, there is a lot of truth to the sentiment that waiting a while to release a new version or major update assures a greater level of functioning, compatibility, and stability.

That might be the case here, but I almost want it to hit the community sooner because of how amazing this community is. I almost have more confidence in the huge amount of smart people, helpful people, and mass testers here at finding issues and making fixes for things.

Look at all the issues with the stock Fascinate and Droid X for example, that have been fixed by the community here and dev's on sites like XDA. There are issues we (not really me, but you get what I mean) have fixed quite handily that the last update still does not address. Do we really want to wait longer just so they can take longer to fix a few problems, and not even the ones that won't even really happen until it hits mass numbers anyways???

Upvote 0
DOCOMO Getting Galaxy Tab Late November, Galaxy S Late October | Android Phone Fans

according to that press release there will be Galaxy S phones running 2.2 in late October......i know it's a Japanese launch (the only difference would be a language pack right?)

......and it is unclear if they are talking about the model named Galaxy S or if one could infer the Galaxy S hardware in general.....

...seeing as the Galaxy S is pretty I would guess this means Galaxy S in general

but i would say this is a pretty good indicator for 2.2 late October here as well

Upvote 0
If you can't have some fun.... whats the point.

So far I'm what, 4 days into this phone and so far I like it 75%-85%. There are some things that annoy me, but It might just be that I have not yet been able to learn everything I need to learn about the software. I'm still in the evaluation phase. I see no "deal breakers" so far though.
Yeah most of us found the same thing. It was very good at first and after we learned the ins and outs it becomes almost perfect. The big one is GPS, if you have good reliable GPS its almost perfect. If not then :(:mad:. Thats assuming you even care about GPS which frankly I dont much but equally true Im glad my works well

Upvote 0
Today I had my alarm on the phone set for 4AM. I was showered and heading out for the bike by 4:40, it is now 5:03PM. I watched SALT, the spy movie that I downloaded from that Iphone site, I got about 2.5 bazillion emails from forum notifications, I texted maybe 20 times, my wife called me twice for a few min each time and I browsed the market for maybe 10 min.

I am at 64% right now. I call that DAMN GOOD compared to my Imagio on WinMobile Pro! Had I just set the Imagio here and did all the same things BUT not watched a movie.... it would be down into the 20's or 30's right now!

I am not hacked, rooted, or otherwise changed from stock. I have no GPS problems (yet) and no lock ups or lag issues.

Here is one thing that pissed me off last night though... My bro-in-law and I were texting and I wanted to send him some of the text from within an email I had revieved. I opened the email and tried to hold to get a "Select Text" option of some sort to come up... but no go. So I ended up needing to just forward the entire email to his email address instead of simply copy/paste into the text.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones