• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Samsung Fascinate 2.2 Speculation Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
On one of my previous post i had (another topic) I made a note regarding what a verizon wireless customer service rep told me (last night), she "claims" that they have already started pushing it out, but of course it goes in stages, not sure how much validity is in her claim.

They have started pushing it out just not in the US or for the fascinate it is just for the international version which is probably what she was referring to

Upvote 0
A sales rep could also simply be selling you smoke. I've had 2 reps tell me they aren't aware of any GPS issues with the SF.. so it's often hard to believe what they truly are ignorant of and what they want to lie to you about for a sale or to make you feel happy.
Sad but true. Often, not always but often, an in-store rep does not know as much as some of us here in AF about devices, info, etc. There's a tremendous amount of ignorance in the many, many corporate retail stores

Upvote 0
kitty-suicide.jpg

I hope we get the update soon.....just think of all the kittens that will be saved once the update finally does come out.

Upvote 0
We come here and read the speculation post while every one else talks about their new update. And the X forums. Already someone wanting to know when they are getting gingerbread. Geez. Never happy.

no one is every happy it seems regardless how up to date their phones are.

i think in the history of android, the only "semi-happy" group of users had been the n1 crowd for the good part of this year. they always had the most current updates way before anyone else even got a whiff of a os leak. and since it was solid hardware all was good (well if you are happy on tmobile or att that is)

now even they have been shuffled back by the nexus s...and the s has its unhappy campers with some of the issues that plague the galaxy s phones (weak wifi signal, hardware/usb issues)

so my advice? be happy with what you have...my 2.1 dj05 voodoo5 fascinate is still more enjoyable to me than my 2.2 rooted x, and 2.2 aosp-ed incredible were. (although i may try out gb on the inc if my wife will let me :eek:)

and again Merry Christmas Everyone :cool:

Upvote 0
no one is every happy it seems regardless how up to date their phones are.

i think in the history of android, the only "semi-happy" group of users had been the n1 crowd for the good part of this year. they always had the most current updates way before anyone else even got a whiff of a os leak. and since it was solid hardware all was good (well if you are happy on tmobile or att that is)

now even they have been shuffled back by the nexus s...and the s has its unhappy campers with some of the issues that plague the galaxy s phones (weak wifi signal, hardware/usb issues)

so my advice? be happy with what you have...my 2.1 dj05 voodoo5 fascinate is still more enjoyable to me than my 2.2 rooted x, and 2.2 aosp-ed incredible were. (although i may try out gb on the inc if my wife will let me :eek:)

and again Merry Christmas Everyone :cool:

Good advise. I love my Fascinate and I haven't even rooted yet....my phone is great as it is and if 2.2 or 2.3 come out then that will make it even better. I got my Fascinate and one for my wife (BOGO) around late September 2010 and was led to believe that 2.2 would be out in October....well right now they are only 2 months late.....that doesn't sound as bad as almost one year late.....lol. My Fascinate is great and does everything I want and then some.

Upvote 0
I originally tried the demo version and I hated it because the clock was so big, but I noticed either the paid version or the new free version of the widget allows you to select a "home small" size for the widget, making the clock basically the same size as SimiClock. The developers have setup a theme "store" that you can access directly with the paid version to download and apply themes (you can still theme it with the free version but you cant access the store to make it easier)

I setup the weather stuff (weather bug is much better than google, another reason to buy the widget) and I definitely like it. If Simi would do GPS updated weather I would have stuck with it, but up here in CT your weather can be different from your front yard to your back yard! The weatherbug alerts are excellent too, otherwise I wouldnt have found out about our impending blizzard until this morning :)

Reactions: nitsuj17
Upvote 0
As a loyal Android user, the Fascinate (Verizon) is the first phone I have had this issue with. I live in the US, and it is a little frustrating to see that in the UK and Canada they have 2.2, but when I contact good old Big Red, they have no clue when they will roll it out. I did not have this problem with my droid 1, but then again someone sneaked the update.zip online and I had 2.2 about a month before they did the OTA update. With the Fascinate I have given up on 2.2 really. First it was October, then November, then December, now this lofty "before the end of 2010". Not according to VW customer support. The tech guy that I talked to said that they have the source code for 2.2, but have no idea when they are rolling it for Samsung Fascinate in the US. Just to be clear, I have the Fascinate model SCH-I500 running 2.1 -update 1.

I have seen multiple things online, we are getting 2.2, we are not getting 2.2 but getting 2.3 instead... blah blah blah. I call shenanigans until I see something serious from Verizon or Samsung. As of yet, I feel like I downgraded from my Droid 1 running 2.2 to my Fascinate running 2.1. It wouldnt bother me if they had not been giving all these dates for 2.2, and I am really surprised someone has not just uploaded the update.zip for 2.2 yet.

Upvote 0
As a loyal Android user, the Fascinate (Verizon) is the first phone I have had this issue with. I live in the US, and it is a little frustrating to see that in the UK and Canada they have 2.2, but when I contact good old Big Red, they have no clue when they will roll it out. I did not have this problem with my droid 1, but then again someone sneaked the update.zip online and I had 2.2 about a month before they did the OTA update. With the Fascinate I have given up on 2.2 really. First it was October, then November, then December, now this lofty "before the end of 2010". Not according to VW customer support. The tech guy that I talked to said that they have the source code for 2.2, but have no idea when they are rolling it for Samsung Fascinate in the US. Just to be clear, I have the Fascinate model SCH-I500 running 2.1 -update 1.

I have seen multiple things online, we are getting 2.2, we are not getting 2.2 but getting 2.3 instead... blah blah blah. I call shenanigans until I see something serious from Verizon or Samsung. As of yet, I feel like I downgraded from my Droid 1 running 2.2 to my Fascinate running 2.1. It wouldnt bother me if they had not been giving all these dates for 2.2, and I am really surprised someone has not just uploaded the update.zip for 2.2 yet.

Well #1 saying the fascinate is a step down from droid 1 is a rediculous statement. Even droid 1 running 2.3 is nowhere near fascinate.

And #2 saying that you are suprised someone hasn't just uploaded updated zip for 2.2 that is just a bogus statement. Because thats not how it works for an update. And also if it were simple like you are making it sound wouldn't we all be devs? Its not simple and we all need to give credit to the devs for all they do.

Reactions: SirKronan
Upvote 0

Shenanigans.jpg

LOL....just joking....I'm sure that we are all a bit upset because essentially we were lied to about the 2.2 update.

Upvote 0
Well #1 saying the fascinate is a step down from droid 1 is a rediculous statement. Even droid 1 running 2.3 is nowhere near fascinate.

And #2 saying that you are suprised someone hasn't just uploaded updated zip for 2.2 that is just a bogus statement. Because thats not how it works for an update. And also if it were simple like you are making it sound wouldn't we all be devs? Its not simple and we all need to give credit to the devs for all they do.

I am not saying it was a downgrade. I am saying it felt like it. In terms of Flash support as well as the other things I had gotten used to on the Droid 1. So Thanks for looking into that for me. Glad we got that cleared up. As for uploading the zip file, the reason I said that is because the update.zip for Droid 1 going 2.2 was up almost a month before the OTA. With the update in UK and Canada being out, I was simply saying I was surprised to have not seen it yet. Again, thanks for going that extra mile and clearing that up for me. Glad that worked out for ya and your day could be a little more complete being a total dbag to a new person on the forums.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones