• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] What Changes Have You Noticed After Updating to 2.2 (Froyo)?

Ok, a couple of notes from me.

In privacy, we not have "back up my data". What exactly is that and where does the data go?

One minor annoyance now. In the app locker screen, if you exit it and then go back to it, up throws you up to the top of the list. Previously, it put you right back where you were. The new way is a negative in my opinion.

Don't forget to get voice search in the market after the update too.

Reactions: ddoyle777
Upvote 0
In the list of running apps there is now "Cloud to Device messaging" and "Google messaging service". I found out that is working already. I have background data off when my phone is not plugged in to save data. Now when I get a new gmail I get a notification, then I just have to go into my gmail app and hit refresh to download the email. Really nice.

Also in the running apps at the bottom where it shows free memory instead of just being on a black bar it is now red, yellow, and green; I'm sure this is to represent memory being used and free, don't know what the 3rd color is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones