• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] What Changes Have You Noticed After Updating to 2.2 (Froyo)?

seriously, I almost hate my phone now. My music app locks up my phone EVERY SINGLE DAY. I listen to music on my droid all of the time and I have never had any problems with it before Froyo. I'm ultra mad because it ruins my whole droid x experience. When my music locks up I have no choice but to pull the battery. I factory reset my phone AND wiped my cache. Nothing seems to fix it :(
Take it to VZW and get a new one

Upvote 0
Pandora through bluetooth used to shut off anytime I disconnected from bluetooth (and on the flip side, would start playing when I connected; provided pandora is running). I loved it because when I hopped out of my car my phone wouldn't start blasting my music, it would just pause Pandora. Also, I wouldn't have to play with my phone when jumping in my car. It would start up just like you'd expect from a radio. No longer. Now it is button pushing/swyping every time I hop in or out to deactivate/reactivate Pandora.

Anybody else noticed that.

Upvote 0
seriously, I almost hate my phone now. My music app locks up my phone EVERY SINGLE DAY. I listen to music on my droid all of the time and I have never had any problems with it before Froyo. I'm ultra mad because it ruins my whole droid x experience. When my music locks up I have no choice but to pull the battery. I factory reset my phone AND wiped my cache. Nothing seems to fix it :(

Go get a new one for sure! That's an essential part of the Android experience in my opinion. It's covered under warranty for them. Show them it doesn't work in the store. If they can flash it or something and make it work for you on the spot - HOORAY!! If they can't they will be happy to grab you a new phone.

As an aside, I would perhaps try a different MicroSD card. Or try completely reformatting your SD card for good measure, and try some different MP3's just to eliminate all other possible causes for the lockups.

Upvote 0
Go get a new one for sure! That's an essential part of the Android experience in my opinion. It's covered under warranty for them. Show them it doesn't work in the store. If they can flash it or something and make it work for you on the spot - HOORAY!! If they can't they will be happy to grab you a new phone.

As an aside, I would perhaps try a different MicroSD card. Or try completely reformatting your SD card for good measure, and try some different MP3's just to eliminate all other possible causes for the lockups.

Its a 2.2 issue tons of people have it. The droidx 2.2 was incomplete but they released it anyways to dodge legal concerns over false advertising, a la 2.2 by late summer.

Upvote 0
I have noticed that after a few days of not restarting the phone, available memory becomes smaller and smaller. and also after a few days without restarting i have had couple times its just freezes up. if i hit the power button it either takes several minutes to power off or i end up having to take the battery out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones