• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] What Changes Have You Noticed After Updating to 2.2 (Froyo)?

A nice improvement for me:

4910720832_4057737c00_b_d.jpg

How are you getting 1454? I am getting 1354 after a single run. I have root and did the OTA update.

Please advice how to increase the score

Upvote 0
Is anyone experiencing any issues with the haptic feedback after updating? The phone barely vibrates when I hit any of the keys.

I have noticed this as well when I unlock my phone using the pattern unlock. Also in 2.1 there was haptic feedback while typing, now in 2.2 there is no feedback while i type using either the touch input method or swype and I do have the setting enabled.

Upvote 0
I have noticed this as well when I unlock my phone using the pattern unlock. Also in 2.1 there was haptic feedback while typing, now in 2.2 there is no feedback while i type using either the touch input method or swype and I do have the setting enabled.

I think anyone having an issue like this should do maybe one battery pull, and then a factory reset. If you use appbrain, it doesn't take that long to recover and it will definitely heal what ails you.

I actually like the softer feedback. It was previously too loud. You could here me typing in class or a quite room.

ALSO. my text timestamps are correct, but like others, the conversations are out of order. Rather annoying.

Upvote 0
I think anyone having an issue like this should do maybe one battery pull, and then a factory reset. If you use appbrain, it doesn't take that long to recover and it will definitely heal what ails you.

I actually like the softer feedback. It was previously too loud. You could here me typing in class or a quite room.

ALSO. my text timestamps are correct, but like others, the conversations are out of order. Rather annoying.

delete all your convos and this fixes that problem.

Upvote 0
We've always had the option to edit video and pictures as well.

i've sent MANY video messages and was NEVER asked if I waned to edit the video. You can now coose the start/end point and you can choose not to save the edit. The only option I remember seeing before, is asking what quality I wanted to sent it. I would have noticed because my Palm Pre Plus allows me to edit and alwas wonered why my Droid X ddn't. I thought maybe y phone had a glitch, but this is listed as a new 2.2 feature on the video. Hmmm :/

Upvote 0
I almost got super upset. I plugged ny HDMI Cable into my Droid X and TV to watch Cloverfield. Used it to watch Kick Ass before the update. My tv kept saying "no signal". I was going through menta changes (blood pressure rising). After 5 minutes of checking connections and input options in the menu, I noticed on the phne, a TINY box that read "hdmi" with a "play" arrow. That box is soooo tiny. Now, you have to select that box to view your gallary on tv, as opposed to before, it was automatic. Glad I cought it. Saved me an emberrassing moment with tech support! SMDH

Reactions: LaZeR
Upvote 0
Is anyone experiencing any issues with the haptic feedback after updating? The phone barely vibrates when I hit any of the keys.

Mine seems a bit softer--which I like a lot better, but it's basically unchanged.

hows the battery life with the new froyo update? better? worse? same?

Infinitely better. I was on mine all morning and at noon, the battery was only down to 80%. Before it would have easily been well below 50%.

Reactions: eson126
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones