• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] What Changes Have You Noticed After Updating to 2.2 (Froyo)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redifrogger
_aardvarc said

I removed corporate exchange acct, which enabled the PIN entry buttons, and then re-entered my exchange info. No problems with PIN entry now. Give it a shot.

My PIN works fine with or without the my exchange account configured. Removing the account allowed me to remove the PIN screen, but that doesn't really help. I'm not sure what you're getting at?

What I was getting at was that I couldn't disable the PIN entry being forced on me (for the 1st time) until I deleted my exchange acct. Then the option was enabled; so I disabled the option that was forcing me to enter my PIN, and then reentered my exchange acct. No PIN entry required and my exchange data syncing without issue. I was one of many facing the predicament this morning.

Reactions: MalikBear
Upvote 0
i like the voice app, but when i double click the home button, it doesn't really work. it'll work maybe 3 out of 10 times.

also my camera seems to close down a lot. and when i take a picture and during the "preview" screen I press delete, it actually saves the picture.

I've also noticed that my signal goes down more. I had to restart my phone to get my 3G back up. It was stuck on 1G.

Upvote 0
also the handscent timestamp is way off now, wut the heck..
can anyone provide some assistance

Me too. People say the timestamp issue was fixed with the 3.2.7 update and it also says that on the Handcent website:

News & Events

While my old incoming texts still are like 6 hours late, my outgoing ones have the correct time. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the old texts still show the same times, but I just received a new text and it's showing the timestamp correctly. So, at least for me, it looks like it's only an issue with the texts I received when I was on 2.1. New texts received while in 2.2 seem to have the correct timestamp. If you're having issues, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling, but supposedly it's fixed. (Or try messing with the set time stamp offset setting. The default is -6).

Upvote 0
I am still having issues with connecting to WPA2-PSK AES set router on my home network, just disconnects and reconnects over and over. I was really hopping for them to fix this. Plus now when I try to connect to my WEP router its fine, but ONLY after I reboot from trying to connect to the WPA2 router.. grrrrrr.

Plus I hate the app drawer staring at the top. How annoying. I don't expect these updates to be perfect but has one froyo update been on the money, from what I've read they have all had some major issues.

Oh and CHOMPS sms, shows my text coming 4 hours before they actually came, but that seems to be and apps issue.

Upvote 0
would someone please explain some scenario usage of chrome to phone?

The biggest use I have for it is browsing a site like this or XDA and finding something I want to download (wallpaper, apk, etc), instead of downloading on my laptop and then transferring to my phone I just hit the chrome to phone button, open the page on my phone and download there. :cool:

Upvote 0
For those of you who had problems with Exchange 2003 not connection. Froyo has fixed this issue. I have synced my account and everything went smooth! :)

I synced my email account, but as silly as this sounds I cant find it. Where would it be, I named it work email and it is under "accounts" but I cant find it as an icon to put on one of my screens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones