• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] What Changes Have You Noticed After Updating to 2.2 (Froyo)?

I think anyone having an issue like this should do maybe one battery pull, and then a factory reset. If you use appbrain, it doesn't take that long to recover and it will definitely heal what ails you.

I actually like the softer feedback. It was previously too loud. You could here me typing in class or a quite room.

ALSO. my text timestamps are correct, but like others, the conversations are out of order. Rather annoying.

Pulled the battery but it didn't help. Too lazy to do a factory reset for just the haptic feedback. I'll chalk it up to a loss :p

Hopefully VZW will release a patch that'll fix it since I've notice quite a large amount of people who are experiencing the same issues.

Upvote 0
Pulled the battery but it didn't help. Too lazy to do a factory reset for just the haptic feedback. I'll chalk it up to a loss :p

Hopefully VZW will release a patch that'll fix it since I've notice quite a large amount of people who are experiencing the same issues.

I really don't think they care about the timestamp issue. The leak has been out for a long time and we all had the issue then, if they cared to fix it they would have.

Upvote 0

I think thats a keyboard thing. I changed to other ones and the feedback is different. I think the new 2.2 uses a shorter pulse, which I dislike very much. Very much wish I had the 2.1 keyboard on here.

Upvote 0
Anybody else having issues with the music player? I'll listen to songs and then stop them, back out of the app, and awhile later they won't play. The same songs say they aren't supported. They ALL worked on 2.1 and I had just listened to them. Force closing the music app doesn't fix it, I need to restart the phone. I've already tried a hard reset.

Upvote 0
I still cant believe that the froyo update didn't fix the fact that if you download a image from the browser, and click to open it from the notification panel you STILL CAN'T HIT MENU. SERIOUSLY WHY DO I HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH MY FREAKIN GALLERY JUST TO SET IT AS A WALLPAPER??
not impressed!! ..okay I still love my phone but GRRRRRR

Upvote 0
Since the upgrade I have had a few calls that I have either received or initiated where you could not hear anything and the other end could not hear you. You see the call established on the screen, the other person gets the call and can pick it up but they cannot hear you nor can you hear them. Anyone else experience this?

Yes this has happened to me and I had to pull the battery twice to fix that. Also music app is super buggy and when it locks up I have to pull the battery. And on another occasion the camera app stopped working at all and another battery pull.

Upvote 0
Since the upgrade I have had a few calls that I have either received or initiated where you could not hear anything and the other end could not hear you. You see the call established on the screen, the other person gets the call and can pick it up but they cannot hear you nor can you hear them. Anyone else experience this?

I had that happen but hadn't done a factory reset yet.Since I did the reset it hasn't happened.....

Upvote 0
I might be doing something wrong but i am running version 2.2. My camera hasnt changed from old version. my home screen is the same and the android market is the same to? Please help?

Go to menu -> settings -> about phone. Confirm that the android version is 2.2. System version should be 2.3.15...If those are both correct, I'd restart the phone. If it still hasn't changed, you're probably just missing it. They aren't huge changes. The android market looks basically the same. Home screen is no different (although I use LP so who knows), it's the lock screen that's different. The gallery is what you should be able to tell is different for sure.

Upvote 0
Mine just updated itself two days ago. All I've noticed is now I have to put in a pin number to unlock it which is kind of annoying. I tried to turn it off but it says "disabled by remote phone administrator."
And "my location" doesn't work. I can't get google maps or latitude to find where I am, nor can I use the GPS at all. And I can't find in the settings where to turn "my location" on. Any help?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
seriously, I almost hate my phone now. My music app locks up my phone EVERY SINGLE DAY. I listen to music on my droid all of the time and I have never had any problems with it before Froyo. I'm ultra mad because it ruins my whole droid x experience. When my music locks up I have no choice but to pull the battery. I factory reset my phone AND wiped my cache. Nothing seems to fix it :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones