• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*Official* What I Love About My New Atrix Thread

HI,
I am a former captivate user. The Atrix is what I expected when i first got an android phone, captivate now looks like a nightmare. There are some pluses and minuses, but overall a quality product just needing the promised gingerbread update from Motorola. I don't have an accessories so I can only mention what I have.

Screen - not as vibrant as I would have liked or used to from captivate, but it is a great screen overall. The colors are just different. Kind of like comparing plasma to lcd.

Speed - Fast. I have not benchmarked it, but overall usage has been flawless and you can definitely tell it has more horsepower all around.

GPS - WOW! this thing had a lock on me indoors and has stayed within 5ft of my mark with over an hour of use. They definitely got the GPS down on this one.

Build - Great build. Plastics are fine. Big plus is that the way the plastics are designed custom back covers should be easily manufactured. Maybe even an induction charging back cover.

Camera - What I expected. It is not my DSLR, but it is a quality 5mp phone camera. It captures details well. The better thing is the reaction time. I think they made some sacrifices, but the response time to take pictures - to quality is great.

Calls - Of course I have had a few dropped calls with AT&T, I live in Atlanta. But otherwise clear and always seem to have a strong signal.

Motoblur - A first for me. I like and I hate it. Mostly like it for the few widgets I actually do use. I think the contacts widgets are the most useful.

Battery - It is a monster. Took me hours of heavy usage to wear it out and it still kept rocking. I spent at least six hours updating, surfing, fiddling, gaming before I even got a low battery warning.

I really think this phone is more of an all around winner. I don't think it specifically shines in one area compared to some of the other dual cores coming out, but it seems like moto did a great job at building an all dependable device. I have only had it for 1 day. But 1 day with this phone has been better than a week with my captivate

I agree, just sold my Captivate yesterday for $300.

Upvote 0
See now your word counts...I see u a lot rollin through the Forums, and you sound like you have a pulse for how the phone really performs, and what to expect out of Android. Thanks for the feedback man! I'll peep in to see How your liking it after a few days in...Enjoy Your new Toy!

No problem dude, glad I could help.

Upvote 0
Well I have had my Atrix for almost a full day, and have read several posts, comments, reviews about the device having lag!

Well, all I can say is I must have gotten a perfect one, because there is NO lag what so ever! Coming from an iPhone4, and several other devices the Atrix is running flawlessly.

Setting up the fingerprint unlocking feature was easy, and works great! All my Google info migrated in perfectly, Android market is working perfectly as well!

The display looks wonderful, but will admit the colors are not spectacularly bright.......

Battery life being only one-day old has been terrific so far!

Data speeds being I live in the middle of nowhere, out in the middle of south central Florida on a 9,000 acre cattle ranch are quite acceptable. I ran several speed tests using Xtremelabs Speed test application (Which is downloadable in the market place) and all were pretty much about the same, being 1.2 to 1.9 download speed, and .340 to .700 upload speed. Surely not H+ speeds, but there again, I don't think the AT&T backhaul and upgrade has been completed or turned on.

Just thought I would share my experiences with the Atrix so far!

Good Luck If You Decide To Get One!

Upvote 0
Well I have had my Atrix for almost a full day, and have read several posts, comments, reviews about the device having lag!

Well, all I can say is I must have gotten a perfect one, because there is NO lag what so ever! Coming from an iPhone4, and several other devices the Atrix is running flawlessly.

Setting up the fingerprint unlocking feature was easy, and works great! All my Google info migrated in perfectly, Android market is working perfectly as well!

The display looks wonderful, but will admit the colors are not spectacularly bright.......

Data speeds being I live in the middle of nowhere, out in the middle of south central Florida on a 9,000 acre cattle ranch are quite acceptable. I ran several speed tests using Xtremelabs Speed test application (Which is downloadable in the market place) and all were pretty much about the same, being 1.2 to 1.9 download speed, and .340 to .700 upload speed. Surely not H+ speeds, but there again, I don't think the AT&T backhaul and upgrade has been completed or turned on.

I agree, I haven't even had any stutters or hiccups, let alone any lag.

Upvote 0
I think the resolution is better. The big concern from most people is the colors. I do believe that I am so used to the captivate saturated colors, so as of right now I am letting myself adjust. Most colors seem on point. I agree with most that the yellow tones seem to be too dark. Not a deal breaker for me. AS I said above this phone is an all around good phone, not too good in one area or another. But it is a beast of a performer.

Upvote 0

mines work the same I love this phone
+10000000000000000000000000....................................:D

Upvote 0
So just got the phone in.

Screen color looks good. I have a captivate/iphone3gs, inspire
I have used motoblur in the past with a droid x. Still not digging motoblur
Why did moto not update the dialer. Using stock.
Kinda slow browser rendering compared to inspire/captivate and touch to zoom slow.

Overall first impressions, good size, decent screen, but not that impressed with the performance.

The inspire feels the same from a performance view.

I would say for me, sense is a better experience and more consistent.

Upvote 0
I've only had my phone and the laptop dock for a few hours but what I can say so far is WOW this phone is great so far. Extremely fast and Motorola has done a nice job with the customizations. And the Laptop dock is very cool.

I'm expecting once my wife gets home and plays with it I might be buying here one, phone that is.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Pretty sure it is.

Looks like the second image if that one is stock. I was under the impression that the first picture was stock and the second was not. here is the picture of the dialer.

Attachments

• Android Dialer.png
    Android Dialer.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones