• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ok.. just rooted

random155

Jan 1, 2010
Well I finally rooted my dinc. My main objectives with this is to get better battery life, faster charging, 3G hotspot while keeping most of the features of FROYO... there are so many threads to go through, so I hope someone can just point me in the right direction, without saying "search is your friend".

THANKS!!!

download titanium backup, rom manager, and busybox..

install busybox, do a full backup, load up rom manager and install virtuous 3.0.1 battery saving options.... and the virtuous custom v2 kernel....

I charged my phone night before last, bump charged it, and used the shit out of it yesterday. didnt charge it last night, used the shit out of it today, and am still at 41% battery.

but there are TONS of other roms out there and kernels out there.. now all you have to do is play around.. just make sure you do a backup. if you are installing a new rom, do a full wipe after downloading.... then you can truly see how they each will help/hurt battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones