• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ok...so what the hell is up with flash?

I could access my slingbox, access my XM online account, manage my SIP clients, or manage any other online account with Flash based sites, which is about 75% of what I use the phone for aside from making calls, "without" having to wait for an app.

Well, you wouldn't be able to use the Sling website to access your Slingbox because the client requires a plug in for the browser. That said, Slingbox is making an Android client BASED off of flash. Android is said to be the first flash based client, then the other platforms will move that way. The big question is, is the sling app ready and waiting for Flash 10.1 to come out for Android, or will we get flash, then have to wait another 6-12 months for the sling client? We will find out soon I suppose...

The Slingbox client is the MAIN reason I can't wait for Flash...

Upvote 0
Well, you wouldn't be able to use the Sling website to access your Slingbox because the client requires a plug in for the browser....
The Slingbox client is the MAIN reason I can't wait for Flash...

Oh I know, but it at least puts it one step closer. In the mean time, I at least have access to my DishNet DVR...its helped out a few times already.

Upvote 0
Honestly, how often would you use it? We have a youtube app, actually, we have an app for most of what flash would do. The only time I would have used flash since I got the phone is to maby play a game on addicting games or miniclip, or to prove a friend wrong that the Halo Reach beta comes out May 3rd, not March 3rd. Yeah it will be nice, but its no rush for me. However I would like the browser a little snappier. Come on 2.1! :)

I want flash for justin.tv never know when I'm away from home and still want to watch the game :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones