• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Old phone number still shows up in Phone selector while logging into any app.

I've stopped using my old phone number 4 years back. But the number still shows up along with my current phone number in the Phone selector during logging into any app.
I've checked all my google settings to ensure that the old number is not present in any of my settings or even contacts. But it still shows up no matter if i factory reset the device
I don't want the old obsolete number to show up during at phone selector. I've attached a photo to show what the issue looks like.
please help.

Well keep in mind the old phone number was directly associated with your cellular carrier, and it wasn't something you could change or edit. That would have to be done by your carrier on their end. The phone number you add into your Google account Contacts list is something that you manage though, so you can edit or change it whenever you want.
So instead of focusing on your Google account, look things that relate directly to your phone service. Is this the same carrier you had four years ago and you just changed phone numbers, or is this a matter where you changed carriers but didn't opt to carry your previous phone number over? Is this the same SIM card or a different one? Is one or both of your phone numbers showing when you look in the phone's Settings >> About phone menu?

Upvote 0
This type of thing can be stored on a keyboard app as well.

Do you use G-Board as your keyboard?
Do you allow your keyboard to make suggestions?

Keyboards like G-Board store things that you type in a 'dictonary' of sorts, to 'help' with suggestions.
This is one reason that I don't use keyboards that do such things.

One time, I missspelled something when hitting the wrong key.
The stupid keyboard (G-Board) would never forget it no matter how many times I corrected it.

The typo version of the word is what always came up in the suggestions.

Maybe your old phone number is being shown like this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones