• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OnePlus One Pre-Launch Rumor Roundup

pricing! this is unreal!!!!!
OnePlus One 16GB Silk White - $299 USD, unlocked and without contract. no info about black.
Bl5B7NrIYAACtys.png:large

being sarcastic about ipone pricing..
How much is fair to charge for 64G?

Actually about pricing, apparently it does cost Apple around $200 for each iPhone that Foxconn makes for them. And that's in very large quantities. Who's manufacturing the One, is that Foxconn or another OEM? - although I suspect the costs could be similar, including bill of materials and labour. And with other overheads as well, admin, development costs, logistics, etc. I do wonder if OnePlus would be making any profits at all.

Upvote 0
I found another reason the Oppo Find 7 and 1+1 seem to share DNA: they actually do!
I checked with OnePlus, who told me the phone is being made at Oppo's facilities.
This is probably not a marketing problem since Oppo has primarily targeted China and had difficulty breaking into Western markets, where the 1+1 is largely headed for the West.

Source

Upvote 0
I found another reason the Oppo Find 7 and 1+1 seem to share DNA: they actually do!This is probably not a marketing problem since Oppo has primarily targeted China and had difficulty breaking into Western markets, where the 1+1 is largely headed for the West.

Source

Was thinking about that. If it was largely headed for the West, yet they did the launch in Beijing and not New York or London or whatever, at a completely inconvenient time for the West, the live feed was only on a Chinese website, and in Mandarin as well.

Thing with Western markets, i.e. US or UK, unless you're in with the carriers, most people are not going to be buying your phone. Google Nexus being a notable exception.

Upvote 0
This definitely goes in the rumor category. Phone Arena has had a look at the owners manual which reports support for SD cards up to 32GB. (Link) Yet in a recent post at reddit, David from OnePlus writes:
For instance (and comparing the One with the Find7), we don't have MicroSD card slot because it adds little value and generates a lot of problems to developers and users and our battery is non-removable so we can offer more juice without having to add thickness to the phone.
I'm guessing the owners manual was a copy/paste operation from the same document for the Oppo Find 7 which does support SD cards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones