• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Only from Verizon! 2.5GB of unlimited = throttled, 5GB= Unlimited Total?

Well, I'm in the middle of downloading the 1.79GB "The Dark Knight Rises" and just got a at 90% PM from Verizon. I guess buying that game makes you data hog by Verizon's standards. :)
I would use Wi-Fi but being at the edge of my ISP's DSL service area, it would take 4 or more hours at the speeds I get here.

YGSOG.png

j3enu.png

Upvote 0
Then none of what i said applies, since i was saying what to do if you were on a family plan and weren't the account owner.

But whats happening is Verizon is trying to use this tactic to get as many unlimited data customers on the new paid data plans and don't seem to care if they run afoul of the FCC /FTC to do it.:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
But whats happening is Verizon is trying to use this tactic to get as many unlimited data customers on the new paid data plans and don't seem to care if they run afoul of the FCC /FTC to do it.:smokingsomb:

Have you noticed that nobody else has gotten these messages? It's an error in their system, not a deliberate attempt to drive people off unlimited.

Upvote 0
Have you noticed that nobody else has gotten these messages? It's an error in their system, not a deliberate attempt to drive people off unlimited.

It is because of a system a system error, I even figured out what it was for them. A while back they bundled several services together for a low price so I'm trying it out. Among them are usage controls. It seems the system sets a default of 5GB for data though the place the user sets it is blank and there is no way for it to be removed.
While it doesn't effect your data or data speed it does send out those annoying messages even if message notifications are turned off.
Anyway, the Verizon rep is passing this up the chain as a bug in their system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones