• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optimus V Secrets

DCBlueStar

Mar 6, 2011
www.dcbluestar.com
I thought that I'd pop in here, since I've been out a while, and let you all know a few tips I have just picked up.

The background to this story is that I bought Phone #1 on March 5th. I ended up taking it back and swapping it for Phone #2 on March 7th because my the Back and Volume Buttons wiring was swapped, and every time I tried to turn the phone down, the page would go back... and every time I tried to go back, the volume turned down.

Not long after that, Phone #2 (presumably from the same manufactured group as Phone #1) started acting up. The screen would freeze and I'd have to take the battery out numerous times a day. One day after this symptom started, then my Swype started going crazy.

I figured that since they were probably from the same group created at the same time, they probably all had problems from that batch, so I called Best Buy and explained this concern.

They had to order a phone from another location, and they didn't get them in until they day before yesterday. I went in yesterday and am now on Phone #3.

Where's the secret? Here: Phone #3 has tremendous speed. The 3G data is great. I haven't had a problem since. It seems as though the newer phones are better manufactured. If you have just recently gotten your phone, and have had problems with the 3G or the phone itself, and you still have the receipt... I suggest swapping it for a new one

Tip #2 is regarding battery usage. This will ONLY work for BRAND NEW PHONES... or those of you who have BRAND NEW BATTERIES.

Upon buying your phone, or putting in your new battery... Turn on all your options. 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth, you name it... put it on. Let the battery die COMPLETELY.

THEN take your phone and plug it into the WALL CHARGER... not the computer charger... it takes WAAAAY longer to charge.

Leave your phone on the charger for 18 hours NON STOP. This will dramatically increase your battery performance.

Tip #3 is... if you purchase a new phone, VERY carefully take the "demo" screen off of the phone. If you do so correctly, you will have a free screen protector in the clear screen behind it.

I hope this helps some of your issues. Haven't had a problem with this phone yet, which is great considering the previous phones showed early signs of malfunction.

ALSO - They've changed the packaging... Not a big deal, but the phones now come with a shiny new "Welcome" insert... which is a good sign to me that this phone is completely unassociated with the previous batch of phones I had.

Here's a shot of the Insert. Wasn't in my previous two phones packaging.

riry21.jpg

All I have of the previous 2 phones are the last four digits of the serial...

Last Four Digits of Serial, Phone #1 - 1231
Last Four Digits of Serial, Phone #2 - 3313
Last Four Digits of Serial, Phone #3 - 5444

The Best Buy Associate did say there were about 50000 numbers off from Phone #2 and Phone #3.
If you're going to swap your own phone, I'd just check your own number with the number on the new box.

Reactions: Positive P
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones