• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Orb issues with Evo 4G

thaprinze

Apr 30, 2010
Denver, CO
Not sure how many of you use Orb for streaming media from your PC to your phone, but have any of you had a much harder time getting things to work with your Evo? This is my first Android phone, so I'm not sure if the issue is with the Evo, or the os. I'm also accessing everything from the browser, and not the Orb app.

First of all, there are times when I try to access Orb, and the browser just sits & sits until it times out.

If I'm able to get into the site, when you click on any media file, the first thing Orb does is to calculate your connection speed. However, there are times when I get stuck on the speed test screen & it doesn't do anything. IF I'm able to get passed the speed test, my connection speed is always 250Kb/s, regardless of whether I'm on 3G or Wifi. It's never any faster or slower. When I try it with my wife's phone she averages connection speeds of ~1,200Kb/s.

Finally, if I'm lucky enough to get passed all those issues & start to stream a media file, the quality is horrible! Extremely pixelated & audio & video tend to go out of sync.

Oh, one other thing, but I don't think this is limited to Orb, but there are lots of times when I click on a link, & it shows that I clicked the link, but nothing happens. For reference, I've tried it with both the default Internet app as well as Dolphin HD.

Hope someone's able to offer some help. Thanks in advance guys (and gals)!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones