• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Orgainise and sync contacts

koenh

Lurker
Jan 16, 2011
Hello,
I run android 2.1, factory update.

I have my contacts from my old phone imported, and also see contacts from my gmail... but they are seperate contacts!
When i go to gmail, i don't see all my contacts, in fact, i don't see my phone numbers!

Is there a way to organise my contacts, that phone numbers and email adresses and ... are properly connected to each other?
How do i sync afterwards? I read something about adding google to the contacts, but i don't manage to do that...

allready thanks!
grz

Hello,

I managed to export my contacts and import them to my gmail account.
I read that both gmail sync and local contacts are seperate databases, so they can't be coupled.
I imported all my contacts in my gmail, so i don't need the local contact anymore.

I found a way to make them invisible, but i want them to removed from my phone... (the local contacts, not the gmail contacts!)

Does anyone knows a way to delete all the contacts on my phone?
There are also contacts on my SIM card... How can i arrange them? (i don't need them neither...)

Allready thanks!

Upvote 0
Hello,

I managed to export my contacts and import them to my gmail account.
I read that both gmail sync and local contacts are seperate databases, so they can't be coupled.
I imported all my contacts in my gmail, so i don't need the local contact anymore.

I found a way to make them invisible, but i want them to removed from my phone... (the local contacts, not the gmail contacts!)

Does anyone knows a way to delete all the contacts on my phone?
There are also contacts on my SIM card... How can i arrange them? (i don't need them neither...)

Allready thanks!

Hi,

Just do a factory data reset

cheers :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones