1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Orphan File Cleaner

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Dschoms, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Dschoms

Dschoms Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Is there a way to delete data files after an app is uninstalled? Here are the specific details. I installed the trial version of Sygic, an GPS Navigation App and downloaded a few state maps. I decided that the app wasn't that good and unstalled it. A few days later, I was wondering if I had given it a fair evaluation and reinstalled it. Low and behold, the map files were still there! I still don't like the app and want to get rid of the data files. In Windows Mobile, there was an app names SKtools that would find orphaned files and allow them to be deleted. Is there an Android equivalent?

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    You did not mention the app name, but usually you can just go to your sd card, look for the .data folder, and then delete the folder with the name of the app.

Dschoms likes this.
  3. Dschoms

Dschoms Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Couldn't find a .data folder, but I went digging and found where it was stashed. Thanks for the tip, I'm new to Android and have a lot to learn.

4. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Folders with a dot (.) in front of their name are hidden. If you use EStrongs File Manager you have in its settings to check the option "Show Hidden Files"

Harry