• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Osama Bin Laden is DEAD!!!

me too
ziplip.gif
footmouth.gif

Upvote 0
Isn't it 70? And who wants more than one or two, after that I want a woman with a little experience. Imagine having to train 70 virgins!:eek:
True that. i remember highschool. being surrounded by virgins was no picnic. Can you imagine spending eternity with 70? I'll trade those 70 for one who knows what she likes and what she is doing any day of the week (extra bonus if she's easy going and likes fart jokes). :D

Upvote 0
He was an ally of the US during the Russian/Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

Do your homework, because no he wasn't.

UBL was not in any working for or receiving direct support from the United States or the CIA.

The misconception that leads to this myth goes down to the use of the word Mujahadeen. During the Soviet-Afghan war two separate and unrelated entities used this term. On one hand you had the Afghan Mujahadeen force comprised of (you guessed it) ethnic Aghani's who would later become the Northern and Southern Alliances during the rule of the Taliban. On the other hand you had the Arab Mujahadeen which can pretty much be seen as the start of Al Queda. The Afghani's wanted NOTHING to do with the Arab forces, and would have wanted nothing to do with the American's and CIA but we were a means to an end. We provided monetary support and of course the Stingers which the Afghani's would have been stupid to refuse.

Now, you have to take into account there were two seperate programs providing support. One which provided material and money directly to the Afghani resistance fighters, the other which funneled that support through Pakistan. Pakistan only wanted to funnel the money to those fighters who they thought would give them the most influence in post-Soviet Afghanistan. This ended up being the Pashtu Tribes (who would later be known as the Southern Alliance) and the Arab Mujahadeen.

So yes, American money DID reach "Al Queda" and UBL, but none of it was direct and he was not on our payroll. In fact, UBL was hardly a known commodity until late in the war and the incident that brought him his fame is most likely nothing more than a fairy tale.

Read the books First In by Gary Berntsen and Jawbreaker by Gary Shroen. These were two of America's most knowledgeable experts on Pakistan and Afghanistan and they pretty much tell the above story.

Upvote 0
I will believe it when I see it. I never go by what a president says. When I see them start setting foot back here and no troops going over. Then I will celebrate. Until then this is just like the when will we get gingerbread on our phones. We hear the dates but they come and go.

I'm wondering, will he be sending troops over there to replace the ones he's bringing home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones